What's new

Cowboy Bebop-Boxes now available! (1 Viewer)

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Thanks Jeff,
I just ordered mine. I love the show but didn`t want to buy the box set just for the bonus disc. This will surely look cool next to the Lain Lunchbox and the Akira Tin :)
------------------
htfsig3.jpg

[Edited last by Oliver Kopp on November 09, 2001 at 02:31 AM]

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Very cool, just ordered one as well. Thanks!
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

RicP

Screenwriter
What's going to be in the box set that wasn't on the 6 discs? I love the show, but don't really want to rebuy it just for a smattering of extras.
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I looked for this information this morning as well. All I could find that was extra was a soundtrack CD, which is also available seperatly.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ric, you're buying JUST THE BOX, not the box set. The limited box set inclued the first soundtrack CD, which is available seperately anyway

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I'm glad to hear that the soundtrack is available separately, since I've already collected most of the individual Bandai Bebop sessions. Yoko Kanno is a goddess.
I do not collect music from shows or anime as a general rule... but her stuff is so eclectic and cheese-free (mostly) that it's hard not to appreciate it.
Joseph

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Jeff!
I had forgotten all about this, actually. I have bought a couple of the Cowboy Beebop disks and will continue to fill the box, when it arrives.
Glad someone is on top of this kind of stuff. :)
Deborah
------------------

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to hear that the soundtrack is available separately, since I've already collected most of the individual Bandai Bebop sessions. Yoko Kanno is a goddess.
You may enjoy her other scores on Vision of Escaflowne, Macross Plus, the opening song to Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight,
She studied Jazz in New Orleans at a prestigious school (can't remember which) and we had her as a guest at Otakon 1999. She did a piano concert that was just lovely, and our own Owen Henderson(king of clarinet) was a lucky bastard who got to play the Lodoss:COTHK theme with her backing him up. She was really A lovely lady, maybe we can get her back some year. Can you believe she was saying "No one knows who I am, why would they want to see me?" I guess the 3000 people cheering changed her mind on that one
wink.gif

Jeff Kleist

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
How's the quality on these discs? I've caught a few of the eps on the Cartoon Network and liked what I've seen, but the box set isn't exactly cheap.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Could someone point me to a good place to buy the CD? What I am finding isn't making any sense, i.e., two imported soundtrack recordings for around $85!
Thanks,
Deborah
------------------

Christopher Adams

Auditioning
I collect Anime OST's, but none of the ones which are mostly j-pop. If you're looking for good ones, look into Spriggan, Jin Roh, Berserk, Noir, Mononoke Hime, and movies/series of that calibre. They're more likely to have a somber score than a j-pop medley.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Eric -- those prices are much better! Which of the three soundtracks listed on this site is the one included with the boxed set? Or, if you are familiar with all three albums, which would you recommend? This is to be a gift for someone who has raved to me about the music in the series. While I own several of the DVDs, I have held off watching them because a friend wants to watch them with me and we have not yet found a time to do this.
Thanks again,
Deborah
------------------

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Do be careful. Anime Castle sells bootlegged Taiwan produced anime CDs (from Son May or Ever Anime). Those are not original prices and if you pay those prices they've listed you've been jipped (you can definitely get bootlegged CDs at much lower prices).
However, imported Japanese CDs (non-boots) are roughly $30-35 per album (for one disc). Please buy original CDs and support the music industry in Japan.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Oh, for those inquiring, the CD OST #1 for Cowboy Bebop that comes with the limited edition boxset *is not produced* in America, but in Japan, hence its retail value is pretty damn high.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Jeff,
Thanks for that info! I knew next to nothing about her career. I have a soft spot for portions of the Macross Plus soundtrack, reminds me of beautiful spring days in Greenville, SC.
But I digress..
Too bad to hear the soundtrack is such a rarity as a separate item. I have already collected Sessions 1-4. The truth is, I just couldn't wait any longer!
Cheers,
Joseph

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Kong,
Thanks for the information. I certainly would rather support the original artitists but $30-35 for one CD is just a tad out of my price range, I'm afraid. I guess I am going to have to pass the information about this on instead of buying the CD as a gift.
BTW, I am still not clear on which of the CDs floating around out there is the one included with the Cowboy Bebop boxed set. Does anyone know?
Deborah
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks