What's new

Covering for IB outlet (1 Viewer)

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
Those of you with IB's, what have you used to cover the manifold hole? I went to Lowes and looked at their 20 x 20 air returns, but didn't like them. I'm looking for something to blend more with the white ceiling. We looked at some egg crate fluorescent light covers, but not invisible enough for me.

I really like the look of Scott S's cover he used over at the "Cult" Link Removed , but can't figure out how it was done.

I'll be cutting a roughly 20"x20" hole in the ceiling, and would appreciate any suggestions,,,....

Thanks
Tracy

Denis P

Grip
I will be putting 4 AV15's in my ceiling sometime this fall. I will also have a 20 x 20 hole to cover. I plan to make something thing very much like a "regular" speaker grill cover. I'm going to build a frame (like a picture frame) out of like 1 x 2 (actually 3/4 x 1 1/2) inch lumber and cover it will coarse weave cloth. I plan to put hinges on one side and Fastex fasteners on the other edge to keep it closed.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Scott's outlet cover is just a white version of a standard grill. Painted wooden frame (appears to be cut from a single piece of MDF) covered with white grill cloth. He's used tape to hold the cloth in place. Most people use spray adhesive and or staples to hold the colth in place.

Although he successfully used banana plugs as fasteners, I'd suggest using the 'Fastex' brand fasteners or industrial strength velcro (available at most home center stores)

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Thomas & Denis

Guess I couldn't see the forest for the trees :b

Gone DIY thus far, no need to deviate now.

Thanks
Tracy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks