What's new

covering an Up mounted port on sono sub - suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
I'm soon to build a sono sub, and it will most likely have an up firing port. I really woudl rather not have a gaping hole looking right down to the driver cause u never know what drunk friend decides to throw a bottlecap in there or something, so what i want to know is what are the options in terms of covering it up w/o sacrificing airflow and sound quality (ideally i would want for it to be as "safe" as a bottom mounted port.. meaning only dust can get in)

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
You can put a grill over it or put on some support legs to hold up a cap/cover.

-Rob Lloyd

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
well, the port is a 4" flared so at most teh grill would have to be about 6" .. what i'm wondering is how much noise the grill could introduce since the port would be moving quite a bit of air.

Brent_S

Second Unit
Are the Adire prices each or per pair? It wasn't obvious to me, but maybe I skimmed too fast. For comparison, Parts Express sales a 12" grill that appears to be the same as the Adire for $12.50 each. I didn't compare the other sizes for price, but that's at least another supplier to toss in the mix.

wbs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks