What's new

Coverart: Seabiscuit (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hey

Universal have released the artwork for the region one release of Seabiscuit which stars Tobey McGuire, Jeff Bridges and Chris Cooper. Don't have a releasedate or specs yet I'm afraid but I imagine that they won't be a million miles away. Anyways, here's the artwork:

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Wow, I hope they don't change it. Very simple, and no stupid movie critic quotes. Finally Universal does something right :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I would expect widescreen/fullscreen banner to grace it. Maybe even the collectors edition tag as well. After all this is universal.
Other than that...I love the art.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
That looks like a cover just waiting to be polluted with more information. I can see the home video marketing department at Universal trying to figure out how to populate all the black areas.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Wow. That has got to be one of the best DVD covers so far this year. Here's to hoping that Universal doesn't ruin it!

And yes, there will most likely be a WS/FS banner.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
There'll be a widescreen banner and at least one critics quote.

This happens so often that it should be expected.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If they just leave most of it alone (i.e. one banner added) then it will be a great cover! Could you imagine if this was a Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson movie? You'd have Seabiscuit in little letters, with the small silhoutte of a horse at the bottom of the case, and a big ol' pic of Mel or Tom covering 80% of the cover. :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
While theres some films I havent seen yet(American Splendor,The Swimming Pool) Seabiscuit is my favorite film of the year so far.

Very nice cover art :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Here are the disc specs:

Anamorphic widescreen transfer (2.35:1) and English DD 5.1

Bonus ,aterials include an audio commentary with director Gary Ross and filmmaker Steven Soderbergh, "Bringing the Legend to Life: The Making of Seabiscuit," Anatomy of a Movie Moment, "Seabiscuit: Racing Through History" featurette, "Photo Finish: Jeff Bridges' On Set Photographs", Cast & Filmmaker Biographies, Film Highlights, and Theatrical Trailers. Retail is $26.98.

A Limited Edition 2-Disc Gift Set also will be available featuring a Behind-the-Scenes Book, Collectible Senitype, Photo Cards, and Seabiscuit Bookmark.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks