What's new

Coverart: LXG (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hey

We've got the artwork for the region one release of LXG. Not many details on this yet I'm afraid but we're expecting a release on the 2nd December.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Simple enough. I actually liked this film, although many didn't. Wouldn't be a major release without a seperate fullscreen version clogging up shelf space:angry: .

Joel C

Screenwriter
Great cover. A very bad movie I enjoyed, I'll probably just rent until the price drops.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I really enjoyed this film and I am eagerly awaiting it's release. I'm really glad they bumped it up 2 weeks from the prelim date I heard bandied around of 12/16. I just hope Fox follows through with the 2-disc set they were initially planning before the movie opened. At least the movie scored back more money (before marketing) than it cost to make.

And, oh yeah, great cover! :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Never saw this...sounds like a rental for now. Nice cover though. Whose the nice looking young lady on the cover??? :b

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
That's Peta Wilson as Mina Harker, not a vampire in the book or the comic the movie's based on, but inexplicably one in the film.

I have issues with the film, most based on the editing and the extreme creative license the writers took with the literary characters, though there were also some character motivational inconsistencies that got on my nerves. I may give it another chance on DVD if the features are good, but my initial impression on seeing it in the theater was that it was pretty awful.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
That's Peta Wilson as Mina Harker, not a vampire in the book or the comic the movie's based on, but inexplicably one in the film.
It's certainly a logical possibility. Dracula was in the process of making her his vampire bride when Van Helsing et al broke in on them and he spirited himself away to Transylvania... what happened to Mina after the novel *is* supposition, but I wouldn't say it was inexplicable. Think of it as 'Elsewhere' or 'What if?' for the Victorian set. :)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have issues with the film, most based on the editing and the extreme creative license the writers took with the literary characters, though there were also some character motivational inconsistencies that got on my nerves.
I can understand that, but for the most part, the liberties they took worked for the film. For the most part, I think the actors did a good job for what they had to work with.

Course, there are plenty of things plotwise that I had problems with, but that's another story.

I won't be buying this, but I think it will do well on the rental market. It isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be...

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks