What's new

Coverart: Freddy Vs Jason (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hey

Here's one hot of the press for you - Freddy Vs Jason. Film will be getting a nice two disc Platinum Series release, although that's all I know at the moment. Don't have a release date or specs, though apparently it will include deleted scenes, interviews and lots of other gubbins! Anyway, here's the artwork:

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
That's awesome looking! Thanks TOm! What exactly is a gubbin?

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Yeah, that's what I had heard, although New Line wouldn't confirm it when I asked them just now. Proper announcement should arrive near the end of the month anyway.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
A re-release? I hope not! I purchased the box set this year...

And, the quality is very good, I don't think they have to release another box set. Maybe just a Special Edition for the First Movie, with the Deleted Scenes from the Laser Discs...

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Even though I'm not a huge fan of the movie I'll definitely be picking this one up. The New Line covers for the F13th series are just awesome!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
It'd great if they included an extended cut via seemless branching. I'll be getting it no matter what though.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Well, I am someone who really wanted to enjoy this movie... There are a few I own and enjoy... I just could really not get into this movie... I really did try, but I really just didnt like it...

Still, I will probably buy the DVD because it is bound to be an excellent set with many special features... Also, to support the series which have heavily slumped in the past 15 years until recently...

As for a reissue of the box set... Most things in the box set out now I have no interest in... If they were to release all the uncut/uncensored movies in a box, I would buy it... Parts 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 still exist that are known of somewhere... Parts 4 and 6 have workprint versions that are better and like completely different films... Part 6 takes itself more seriously and is more plot oriented in it's workprint form... Part 4 I have not seen in it's workprint form... It's suppose to be really out there... Freddy's shadow attacking Kristen on the beach, a Dream where Freddy attacks Kristen with giant Freddy claws, etc... Yes, this stuff was filmed... You can catch a few glimpses of deleted scenes in various trailers...

Parts 1, 3, and 5 all have Unrated versions that exist... Part 1 was released in Japan (including the famous missing kiss of death scene)... Part 3 has not been released uncut anywhere as far as I know... Part 5 was released in the US only once back in 1989 uncut...

Even a double DVD set of the first movie itself uncut with all the stuff from the laserdisc (deleted scenes, etc) I would love to own...

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I forgot about the cover art... I actually kind of like it... I am shocked they didnt plaster faces of actors all across the cover like every other horror movie from the past 8 years... I just hate those covers with a passion... Hopefully that cover art phase is coming to an end...

Identity had a good theatrical poster and then they ruined it with the DVD art... Horrible...

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
I'll take a two disc Platinum edition over a one-disc Infinifilm any day....

WillG

Senior HTF Member
If FINAL DESTINATION 2 was an INFINIFILM title
Infinifilm refers more to the format in which extra content is delivered, like with breaks during the film where scene specific info is available. Platnium Series titles do not use that format, but there is no reason to believe that Infinifilm is any more "Top Shelf" than a Platnium series title

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Very nice cover:emoji_thumbsup: Glad to hear New Line is going to give it the 2-disc treatment. I hope Paramount is taking note of these New Line releases when they get around to putting together their Friday the 13th box set next year.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Actually a 2 Disc Platinum set is much better than a one disc Infinifilm. You will get much more out of it. I didnt think it used to be (I guess I got caught in the whole name thing thinking Infinifilm is one step about Platinum), but it isnt...

When I think about it, are there even that many people who use the Infinifilm feature anyways???

I never used it. I just had no interest to...

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Specs are: (retyped from www.davisdvd.com)

2 Discs
DD 5.1 EX
DTS 6.1 ES
Audio commentaries with Ronny Yu and cast including: Englund, and Ken Kersinger
Documentaries including a history of both series
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Endings
and more...

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Audio commentaries with Ronny Yu and cast including: Englund, and Ken Kersinger
:emoji_thumbsup:
Although I hope that doesn't mean that the track will feature Kelly Rowland or any of the other 'actors.'
The oddest thing about the commentary for the original Nightmare is that they barely even mention Robert until the very end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks