What's new

Cover Art: Who's the Boss Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Wow, what can I say? LOL This is a great show, and I will pick it up as Prime in Canada has stopped showing it! Can't wait, and I hope there are more season to follow. But where's my true 80's fave, The Golden Girls? C'mon!

Andy

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Is this a keepcase? Looks like a 3-discer. It's 22 episodes, so probably no extras here.

I watched a little of this recently in syndication. Although it wasn't as funny to me as it was when I was younger, I'll most likely pick this up anyway.

Edit: I just checked and so far there is one extra announced, some featurettes with the funniest moments from the characters.

According to epguides this ran for 8 seasons.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I hate it when they compile a bunch of clips from episodes in the season you just purchased and then call it an "extra". Boo! Give me some good stuff: a documentary, interviews, commentary, gag reels. Any of these would do!

Cover art looks pretty decent. You got the Partridge Family art for us, Patrick? ;)

Edit: Just saw the TV Land Awards tonight and Katherine Helmond looks basically the same as she did back in her "WTB?" days!

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

I was thinking the same thing. Along with being horrified at how frail Bea Arthur looked. :frowning: It was a nice show though.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Why did Columbia decide to release this one when they still haven't gotten around to other (more popular) shows like FACTS OF LIFE and DIFF'RENT STROKES?

You'd think that if they were to start releasing 80's sitcoms they'd go with some that are still regularly rerun on Nick at Nite and other places.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick this up but probably not right away, as June is getting awfully busy with Simpsons, Dick Van Dyke S. 5, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Yep, I've got to definitely agree with this. I find this to be a very cheap tactic.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

The reason a lot of people purchase a TV DVD is because they CAN'T see the show on TV anymore! Right? I know that's why I buy a lot of the TV DVDs that I own. What's the rush to go out and buy a copy of Cheers season 1 when it's on Nick at Nite 4 times a day? I haven't seen Who's the Boss? in a long time and plan on buying it.

But after having said all this: I personally would buy The Facts of Life over WTB? if given the option! :D

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I can't believe it, WTB on DVD ! I guess I sort of knew it'd eventually surface, but I didn't dream it'd be so soon. I'll certainly be getting this set, especially since Season One is my favorite of them all - and of course because I had a major crush on Judith Light.:b The show slowly declined in quality with every season that followed, I'd say '86 was probably the last really good season (maybe '87), after that it started to repeat itself and became tame and dull. I hope they continue with more seasons, but even if they don't we'll have had the very best already. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks