Cover Art - The X Files: Season 9

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick Mirza, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

No specs or release date yet:

[​IMG]

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Seven discs? I could have sworn the last season was only something like 19 episodes long.

3. PaulP

PaulP Producer

DROOOOOOOOOL. Now my collection will be complete! All nine shiny sets in a row. Aaah. [​IMG]

4. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

It's a 19 episode season. The 19th and final episode of the season and series, "The Truth", was a double-length episode (technically, it was produced as two episodes with dual production numbers, 9x19 and 9x20) so we have the equivilent of 20 episodes. Season 5, another 20-episode season, only took up six discs. If you actually look at the discs themselves in that pic, though, it looks like we're getting TWO discs of extra features. Maybe they're loading this one up to butter up the Season 9-haters? In any case, this pretty much makes the rumored November release date look unlikely. I'm pretty sure that we'll get this in May like normal if we're seeing the art right now.

5. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Looking forward to this. Once I pick up season 8 and 9, I'll be done. Woohoo! Hopefully Lone Gunmen will follow this fall.

6. PaulP

PaulP Producer

If we're indeed getting another disc of extras, here's hoping for the famous gag-reels (which can be found online, for several seasons, but it crappy quality).

7. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

With the rumors that Fox may be putting out both Harsh Realm and Millennium S1 in November, I find it hard to believe they would crowd their fall TV schedule with X-Files S9. I think it'll be May or June myself.

8. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

The flyer inside Season 8 states it is to be released "Spring 2004" so it should fall right in line to be released in May as expected.

9. PaulP

PaulP Producer

It will be May 11th. There would be no reason whatsoever to disrupt the continuity that was set with the first season (oh how long ago that was - I never thought I'd see the day when I have the complete series, it seemed it would take SO long [​IMG] )

10. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Should this thread be merged with the one in the TV Shows forum?

11. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Can't wait for this set to come. I can finally complete another series set in my collection.[​IMG]

Once X-Files is done, I will be setting my sights on Millennium.[​IMG]

12. David Dias

David Dias Stunt Coordinator

Looking forward to this set as well. I never understood why people have a problem with seasons 8 and 9, I thought Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish were great and if the series had continued with just these two I would've been very happy.

13. PaulP

PaulP Producer

David, I wholly agree. I loved Patrick's and Gish's characters and acting. If indeed they would've gone on into a 10th season without Anderson and Duchovny, I would be happy as well. As it is, perhaps my favorite show ended in just 9 years. Not a small stretch by any means, but not the most prolific either.

Here's hoping for everyone to get back for another X-Files film, and maybe subsequent ones as well. X-Files was so phenomenally huge in the mid-90s that the longer Fox waits on another X-Files film the more the show will drop into obscurity.

14. Duncan_N

Duncan_N Stunt Coordinator

Full specs are here.

7 disc set including 2 discs of extras. Nothing that outstanding except: The Making of The Truth - 90mins! Hope it's good.

15. PaulP

PaulP Producer

The MSRP has been lowered, as many have wished. Down from $149 to $99. This will be mine in any case.

16. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Well, that's good, I just wish they hadn't waited until the last season.

Shouldn't this thread be in the TV-on-DVD section?

17. Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger Second Unit

Excellent! I can finally ditch my VHS tapes that hold copies of these specials. IIRC, the only FOX broadcast documentary missing from the DVDs is "The X-Files Movie Special" (which has most of its material on the movie's featurette, but none of the linking material from Martin Landau). The MSRP drop is also highly welcome.

18. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

No, otherwise I never would have read it.

19. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Honestly, I don't know why TV was segragated to its own forum. Very confusing for a while before I found out.

20. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

the ninth season wasn't one that i was into (i didn't like the direction it was going). owning this on dvd will give me time to sit down and enjoy it for the first time. i can't wait!