What's new

Cover Art: The Core (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Ok dokey, here's the official (yes, it REALLY is official!) artwork for The Core starring Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank and Delroy Lindo. I'm reliably informed that the official announcement for this one will arrive tommorow so the releasedate and disc specs won't be available till then. Here's the artwork:

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Oh, so it's good then? ;)

Edit: Urmmm Jeff....how did I reply to your message and have it appear above yours!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I hope there's a featurette staring the writer called

"I insisted on Ain't it Cool News that the science in my movie was more accurate than other movies, yet there are Orca Whales in Hawaii, and my characters can move with 2.5 tons of exterior pressure"

And the follow-up

"I swear I never EVER watched Armageddon and didn't rip scene after scene from it"

And noted scientists on

"Why nuclear weapons are nature's band-aid"

:)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Ebert's review said if you love to rip on Armageddon, you should also love to rip on this movie. I believe it's a very expensive B movie that somehow roped in a couple A-list actors.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
LOL, Jeff, I had forgottten about the screenwriters rant to AICN.

On the Roman Coliseum outwardly exploding due to multiple lightning strikes:
"OK, so maybe the FX guys had a little fun there"

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I can't tell you how perfect it is that they used the little postage stamp pictures of the cast. Generally a sign of a big movie. Also funny is that there are only three names, so the other postage stamps must not be quite that interesting. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i liked the poster that was a pic of the earth breaking into 2 pieces. classic looking end of the world type look on that poster.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
The following extras have turned up on the BBFC. They obviously deal with the region two release but I imagine the region one release will be identical.

00:10:50:11 | To The Core And Back
00:04:29:15 | Pre-Visualization Visual Effect Sequence
00:03:14:21 | Trafalgar Square Visual Effect Sequence
00:03:30:19 | Rome Visual Effect Sequence
00:04:24:20 | The Golden Gate Bridge Visual Effect Sequence
00:03:01:01 | The Geode Visual Effect Sequence
00:14:25:24 | Deleted Scenes
00:02:14:17 | The Core

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually I'm betting that that 2 minute "The Core" is the trailer

Honestly you'll never want to watch this movie twice

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I actually liked this movie and might buy it, if only to follow on my sisters' running gag...

One thing that would have been nice is to have both trailers (The 100,000 Years Overdue and the Project Destiny ones) and also having the possibility to watch the "100,000 Years Overdue" version of the movie (Using Seamless Branching)

Eitherway, I'm most likely picking this up, the widescreen version obviously (Knowing that Paramount is yet another wussy studio lacking the balls to say No to Wal-Mart's demande for butchered versions, I have to make sure I get the correct one especially since this is a 2.35 Anamorphicly filmed movie...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks