What's new

Cover Art: Terminator 3 & Full Throttle (R2) (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
How did T3 get away with a 12A rating in the UK when it's rated R in America? I heard the violence and language are fairly strong... and it doesn't even appear to have been cut in the UK according to the BBFC website...
I could have been cut by the distributor before being presented to the BBFC.

I know the BBFC gets a lot of stick from US (and UK) members of this forum, but on the whole they're quite lax when it comes to 'fantasy violence' which I would imagine Full Throttle comes under. And they're also more relaxed when it comes to language, sex and nudity.

As for why the films are 12A in the cinemas but 15 on DVD it could be some of the supplements are rated 15, or more likely being as there is only a 12 rating on home video (12A although replacing the 12 rating in the cinemas does not have the exact same criteria as a 12 rating) it's just been bumped up to the higher rating.

Mark-C

Stunt Coordinator
I find the 12A rating really annoying, it seems like its the only rating given nowadays just so theres more audience for the film. I'm going to see T3 the first day out in the U.K. and because its a 12A it very easily could be full of 9 year olds (school holidays) with their parents. The 15 rating is rare now.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
they really need to start matching names with the characters on the cover.
Seriously, WTF. it's so confusing as to why they don't match up. It looks like a mistake and it irks me so bad. never could they pay me enough money to design a cover with the names matched up. If they ever asked me to, I'd probably react like this...

You want me to do what? Oh hell no. (takes out gun) Why don't you ask me again MUTHA FU**A! (Starts shooting gun)

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
It could have been cut by the distributor before being presented to the BBFC.
Usually the BBFC website would have a little notice about this that was the case... anyway, I don't see why they would, after all, if the distributors are happy with an R in America then I don't see why they would be bothered with 15 in the UK (I know it's separate distributors, but still...). I guess T3 must just hae been very lucky when it went through classification. Although I agree with Mark-C, the 12A rating means kids can get in to see it... damn...

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
The weird thing with the Terminator movies is that the first two are handled by MGM and Artisan, respectivley, and they have abosolutley beautiful cover art.

And poor T3 is going to get the normal lousey poster art snap crapper. I wish WB would go out on a limb and give us something that might match up in some way to the other studio's releases of the movies in the seriers but that will never happen.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And poor T3 is going to get the normal lousey poster art snap crapper. I wish WB would go out on a limb and give us something that might match up in some way to the other studio's releases of the movies in the seriers but that will never happen.
Which releases? The Image The Terminator snapper, the Live Terminator 2 snapper, the Artisan T2 "Ultimate Edition" (note to Artisan - "ultimate" means "last")? With or without goofy aluminum slide thingy? The too-shiny MGM T1 keepcase? The Artisan T2 "Extreme Edition"...

I mean, there are a lot of permutations here, and a Snapper wouldn't necessarily be out of line. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Actually, just like with Matrix Reloaded (official announcement today), I can tell you that Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is right now planning (remember: "planning"; anything can change) to be a 2-Disc Amaray Keepcase. Really.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
David: thanks for the info. after just reading the matrix announcment i was wondering if they would do that with t3 aswell and came here to pose the question, but you had allready answered it. I am very happy with warner's decision to do this. Now here's hoping they come to there senses and drop the snapper all together (one can hope anyways) :)

Brad M

Second Unit
(Joe-Six Pack has to see their FACES not their backs ).
If this was any other forum I'd change my user name to Joe Sixpack and try to convince everyone fullscreen is better. Oh the terror I could bring. ;)

I love the T3 cover. However I know better than to get my hopes up for a case that looks that good. As for CA2, it looks good too, "butt" for a different reason. :b

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
I thought poster art is always preferred?
I'm the only one who doesn't prefer it. My case is that if I have the poster hanging on my wall, then why do I want a copy of the same art on my DVD cover? I want something new, something creative.

And how is just the regular poster art going to compete with the snazzy, shiny super metal embossed T2 cover or the photoshopped, "neon" "glow in the dark" MGM T1 cover when they are all vying for Joe, Jolene, and Joe Jr. Six Pack's atttention at the super Wal Mart?

This is even more true for older films with their beautiful yet extremley dated "paperback novel" poster art.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My case is that if I have the poster hanging on my wall, then why do I want a copy of the same art on my DVD cover?
I don't have enough room on my collective walls for poster art for each of the 2000+ DVDs I own, so having the front cover of the box reflect the original art is a convenient way to archive what it looked like. :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks