What's new

Cover Art - Marci X (1 Viewer)

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The Paramount Collection at the top is a good sign...

Both widescreen and full screen versions on one disc.

:emoji_thumbsup: to Paramount Home Entertainment!

Their never back down on OIAR stance is awesome.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
Instead of it saying "very funny" at the bottom, it should say "Made even less money at the box office than Gigli!"
:D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Lol !I believe this film came out before Gigli did.When i saw this thread,i thought lol ! its still not released on dvd .:D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
According to BoxOfficeMojo, Marci X made a grand total of 1.6 million during its 4-week run. By that standard, Gigli was a blockbuster, raking in 6 million in three weeks before the studio pulled it out of theaters.

Based on this overwhelming response, I think Lusa Kudrow should join Matt LeBlanc on his "Joey" spinoff next year in order to keep a steady paycheck coming. She certainly doesn't seem to have much a of film career to look forward to.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Instead of it saying "very funny" at the bottom, it should say "Made even less money at the box office than Gigli!"
Well considering they spent far less on advertising this bomb than Gigli, I'd say it is about even, if not ahead of the game. I don't think I saw one ad for this film.

Jason

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Well, I saw "Wonderland" last weekend, and Kudrow was great as Johny Holmes' estranged wife. Her ditsy character from that foolish TV show didn't even enter my mind.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
But Gigli had a far greater budget than Marci X.

Marci X:
Production Budget: $20 million
Estimated Marketing Costs: $7 million
Total: $27 million

Gigli:
Production Budget: $54 million
Marketing Costs: $20 million
TOTAL: $74 MILLION! :eek:

Wow. Sony spent the same amount on marketing for Gigli as Paramount did for Marci X.

"It's the most maligned film of the year, but you might as well see what the fuss is about." -The first sentence of the description of Gigli in Hollywood Video's latest "Movie Companion" booklet.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
This is a sad day for mankind when the number of replies in a thread about the cover of Marci X is in the double digits.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Marci X cost $20m to produce? Good lordy. Underworld cost $22m and had the 'look' of a pricey film. What on earth did they spend $20m on for Marci?

Funny thread though. :D

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Lisa Kudrow most likely. if she gets $1 million for an episode of Friends that takes three days to shoot, imagine what she'd want for a movie that took a month or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks