What's new

Cover Art for "The Omega Man" (1 Viewer)

Quick Question, when this title came out on DVD last year the cover changed from one that The Digital Bits always had (sorry, I don't have a copy of it yet) to the White one here:

Sun. I finally found a copy at my local Suncoast that had what I am guessing is the original cover since the copyright date on the back is 1999. Did I get lucky or are there a lot of these floating around out there?

Thank!

Mike Liebold

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
We had a thread on this a few weeks ago. It isnt so rare, i saw about 10 of em at my local Boarders Books. I have the newer pressing, didnt see a need to get the older one just for a different cover, and nothing on the disc that isnt on the new one.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Which one is the original? The one shown above, or the more colorful "rainbow" cover that I have?

DOH! I am an idiot. I am thinking of Logan's Run...nevermind! :D

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
The 1999 cover:

The 2003 cover:

I am curious if there is any difference in transfer, aspect ratio, or framing between the two.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
The back contents of the 1999 disc do not list the interview/introduction featurettes that are included on the new release.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
jonspice, what do you mean by that statement?

i have seen that cover on dvd and bought several copies.

sold one on ebay.

that cover was on the dvd that was to be released about 4 years ago but was never released for unknown reasons.

it has the full and widescreen version on it and as stated a post or two earlier doesnt include the interview/introduction featurettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks