What's new

Cover Art - Dawn of the Dead (Divimax) (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Apparently, this fall there is a 3-5 disc set coming out. This is just to tie in with the theatrical release of the new version.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I just watched the old Anchor Bay disc today, 1.66:1 non-anamorphic. I'm buying this release AND the box set later on. This is my favorite film of all time, I'll justify double-dips :D.

There's a new trailer up for the remake, at http://www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net and it is simply one of the best I've seen in years. I was REAL skeptical of the remake, hell I was planning on boycotting it just last year, but this trailer promises something great. I'm just going to think of the remake as an unofficial sequel to the classic and not a reimagining.

Wait until you see the trailer in theaters, those who have seen it know what I mean.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I don't know if I'll get this or the bigger set yet. I might just get both. This is one of my favorite movies.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm not so sure I'll wait. Anchor Bay is about to go belly-up, correct? The Mega Super-Duper Edition may never come to pass.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I am definitely buying this version, when the time comes for the 'mega' version i'll just sell it off or give it to a friend. I have never seen this film on DVD, can't wait.

Is there any idea of a release date for this?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
explain, please. if they shut down before the mega dawn of the dead release, it would really suck. of course if it does get released, i'll be getting the 'standard' and mega huge set on their respective release dates, see you there, at one of those new indoor shopping malls.

CJ

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

Not by a longshot. Anchor Bay was recently acquired by a rather successful entertainment corporation (IDT Entertainment - they own the studio responsible for animating "The Simpsons," for example) that is in no danger of closing whatsoever. The acquistion was announced as finalized on 12/11/03.

DJ

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm with Travis - Great trailer! I can't wait for this. i don't expect it to be as good as the original but I hope it can stand on it's own, like the new Texas Chainsaw.

[obligatoryDVDcomment]I'm waiting for the SE too![/obligatoryDVDcomment]

-paul

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Great cover-art!

I can't wait to pick up this version...and the forthcoming big-ass SE box set.

BTW, I wasn't uber-impressed with the new trailer, but I did like it better than the first one.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Wow! Trailer for the new movie looks great!

Time to give my crappy old R2 version of DOTD another spin.

(Somehow Romeros' zombies are the only movie creatures that ever gave me nightmares. And not just when I was younger.)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I'm sorry but the trailer for the new film just proves (in my eyes anyway) my opinion about modern remakes, all they do is replace the entire cast with under 24 models and glitz it up with Mtv editing and a "hot" soundtrack. There is no artistic reason to do this at all, it's all about the money they can suck out of youngsters hands and therefor they will fill it with what they believe kids want..mainly good looking young people, videogame violence, fast editing, popular music and as little plot as they can get away with. Half the reason the original was as effective as it was is because the budget they had to work with gave it a documentary feel and it had adult characters who were everyday people that you could believe in that situation...not everyone is under 24 and a prettyboy/girl. I'll pass on this until the DVD...maybe.

In regards to the Divamax, I will buy it now and when the SE box set comes out I'll just sell it to a friend of mine who couldn't care less about extras for $10 (I'll have gotten my money's worth out of it by then).

Kai Zas

Second Unit
If that's what young people want, isn't that what young people should get? Who are we to enforce our artistic preferences on them? The kids like it, let them have it. Otherwise they miss out on a fantastic story. If there wasn't a remake, most of them would never hear of Dawn of the Dead and it would die off, obscure and forgotten, together with our generation.

Let them remake the movies! It gives us the chance to whine about the past, and how it was all much better and more from the heart. Gives us something to do and it gives them something to do.

In the best situation, the younger crowd might dig up the fossil that preceded this remake and give it a second life of its own. And that's something we'll all be happy with, right? (Heck, if it wasn't for the remake, the super special edition wouldn't even be on the table.)

I'll go see it, I'll probably even buy it. I do this with my Stephen King book collection too. No matter how crappy the film or series based on the book is, I'll get it. You know, as a point of reference to judge how good the book really is. And as an incentive to read it again.

(Sorry for rambling...)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I didn't say that was what young people wanted, I said that was what the industry assumed young people wanted & that is what they have been spoonfeeding them for decades.

(raises eyebrow)..........ok now you are starting to sound like a studio plant.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks