What's new

Cover Art - Alias Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
What?! No Julia Thorne on the cover? ;)

Seriously, it is a little scary to be seeing cover art for a season that's only 2/3 of the way through right now.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Is that supposed to be Lauren? Doesn't really look like her to me.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Lauren's got her mean face on, plus it looks like the lighting may be intentionally harsh on her face. Hmm, Garner looks airbrushed by comparison.

Well, this is another must-buy. Must get another job to support my must-buys ... :?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
At least the cover shows what's wrong with the show:
It's not about Sydney, her family or Rambaldi anymore - it's about the lamest love-triangle in TV history.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Nice!

Also, the show hasn't been about the "triangle" for, like, six episodes.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator

Couldn't agree with you more, Sven. Gotta say, I think it's an awful-looking box (though the blue tone is pretty) and I have to assume it's a rush job slapped together by the art department for promo use that they will clean up by the time they're closer to production. I mean, the top of Garner's head is chopped off, and her shoulder blade is jutting out wierdly. Bleah.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw it. Her eyes look weird as well, which makes me think they may have reversed it (may have, I'm not sure). I hope they spruce it up a bit before realeasing it, because it could definately look better. And they could have picked a better picture of Melissa, because that one sucks (IMO). I do like the blue though.

I wonder if its going to be in the same style as the Season 2 one which had that cover over the case, because that rocked.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Well, I'm glad I don't need to watch ALias Season 3 now. Being that it is all about a "lame" love triangle and all. Are you guys sure you wouldn't like to expand anymore on the plot? Maybe give away a twist or something?

:rolleyes:

The slip-sleeve cover art on season 2 was very cool. I hope they include one.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Its not juat about the triangle. Theres still 6 eps(thats 1 and a half disc) left to go. Theres supposed to be some big stuff coming up. Sloane's end game
that I think will make the season a must-have if you already have Season 2.

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
:D

I loved the first two seasons, and found watching them on DVD much like the 24 experience - I had to watch another and another;)

I haven't seen any of season 3 as Sky 1 didn't buy it this time round and it went to Bravo (a real 3rd rate one I don't get as part of my selection package) so I'll be waiting 'til September... spoiler bars please:emoji_thumbsup:

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry if we seem spoilerish -- I don't think we've actually given anything away that you wouldn't already know from the season 2 finale. I mean, I don't think what we've said is any worse than saying that season 1 is all about Sydney & Jack.

I've been watching Alias from the start, and adored season 1 & 2. I bought the dvds, I recommended them to others, and got a couple of friends hooked on it. But I think you'll find that the vast majority of Alias fans have been extremely disappointed with season 3, and it's difficult to keep the bitterness in check. We do have 6 episodes to go, and certainly the last two have given me hope that the writers have at last put down the crack pipes they seem to have been smoking throughout the rest of the year. But, if they were to pull the old Dallas trick of making the entire season turn out to have been a dream, I would be thrilled.

So, for those buying season 3 blind -- be forewarned. Most of it is reeaally bad. Not even fun bad. Just bad.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It would look a lot better if they just looked natural instead of airbrushed.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Yeah,the cover kind of reminds me of the recent Buffy DVD covers where you can really see where her face has been air brushed. Inside the Buffy Season 5 DVD box,theres this pic of Giles thats just wrong because he's been airbrushed to look almost cartoonish.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I would have to totally disagree this season has been just as good as the first two. As for the people who say its all about a love triangle, what have you been watching ? because hasn't been Alias :P

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
The biggest problem with Alias this season(aside from the inability to bring back a certain key character from Season 2) is the almost complete abandonment of the cliffhanger endings to each episode. Season 2 started to slowly drift away from that, but they're almost entirely gone this year. Now it's a lot standalone stories that frankly don't seem to be adding up to anything. Sure, J.J. Abrams could surprise us all in the last month and a half of the season, but I ain't holding my breath at this point.

Another thing I don't like is how almost on a weekly basis, we have Sydney and Co. encountering Sark only to allow him to narrowly escape.
Enough already! Bring in some new blood if that's all you can come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks