What's new

Courtship of Eddie's Father? (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I'm a BIG fan of Bill Bixby. I was a little bit disappointed they didn't release "The Hulk" as complete seasons on dvd.

Does anyone remember this show from 1969 to 1973? It had the coolest theme song...

It featured Bill as a single parent and his son and the housemaid. Does anyone know who owns the rights? Any chance we could see this show out on dvd any time soon?

Would you buy it if it was released as season sets on dvd?

Mark To

Supporting Actor
It's owned by Warner as part of the Turner merger. Good show, don't know if I'd buy it as I have a friend with the whole run complete, unedited.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I've never seen this series, but having been impressed by Bixby's presence in "Hulk" and "My Favorite Martian" that might make me check it out if it were to get released.

The Hulk boxed set has the episode in which Brandon Cruz, who starred with Bixby in "Courtship" guested ("747").

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Ok cyber people... We just got "My Favorite Martian" Season One on DVD. We have the best of or box set of "Incredible Hulk". Any chance that we could get the "Courtship of Eddie's Father" any time soon?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I had forgotten how great bixby was in My Favorite martian, and do remember liking Courtship of Eddie's Father as a kid, so put me down for this one.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Ok. We got Season Two of "My Favorite Martian". Could "Courtship of Eddie's Father" be that far off?

Mick Tees

Second Unit
"People let me tell you about my best friend... he's a warm hearted person who loves me till the end."

What's up with this series... Anyone hear anything new lately?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'd like to know about this as well. I remember watching this television series with my brother and my mom and dad and I had always loved CoEF along with the Incredible Hulk. While I've always been a huge Bill Bixby fan and the Incredible Hulk was cheesy ... in part ... both of these shows are huge favourites of mine because I grew up on these shows.

I was disappointed, though, when Universal released that Incredible Hulk boxed set as a best of episodes collection instead of as a complete season set. I just hope that both of these shows gets a fast release and very soon.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Mark,
That is exactly why I didn't purchase the Best of set for the Incredible Hulk. I feel that if they can't get the release rights or permission from the actors to release it, they are just testing the market and eventually they will release complete season sets. I experienced it with the Fat Albert DVD's that I purchased from Time-Life. I spent over a hundred dollars on it only to learn that a year or two later the rights were sold and now complete season sets are being released. I sold the Time-Life sets on Ebay and now I'm buying the complete season sets.

Mick

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It's a good thing I discovered it was the best of set before I bought it because I would have been very upset over that faux pau from Universal. If they would release the series the right way I would jump into it with no problem. I bought that pilot episode that was released as a single DVD for the series and I realize how much I still love that show.

"There are no such things as Bad Actors, there are only Bad Directors"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks