Coupling S4 in R1...any idea when?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Clint B, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

Subject says it all. I'm currently watching the reruns of it on BBC America and liking it very much. Thanks for any info you can provide.

2. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

tvshowsondvd.com says January 25th.

No idea as to whether the extras are the same as the current R2 release, though.

3. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

Thanks, Andy. I looked on tvshowsondvd.com and I couldn't find it, so I guess I missed it.

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Clint, I think it was posted right after you posted something on here; totally unrelated since we got the news last night and decided to post it this morning.

Gord

5. John Carr

John Carr Stunt Coordinator

I just discovered Coupling on Netflixs, watched the 1st Season -- great show! I'm not a fan of Friends and shows of that ilk so I was not expecting to like this show; it was my wife who ordered it.

After watching Season 1, I was going to purchase Seasons 2 & 3 at Amazon when I discovered that on January 25, 2005 the BBC will be releasing all 4 seasons in one package (Coupling - The Complete Seasons 1 - 4) at a considerable saving to those of us who have just discovered tis wonderful comedy! The Amazon discounted price for all 4 Seasons is $69.95. If you've been on the fence about purchasing this series because of the price, this is the time to get it.

6. Allan^L

Allan^L Stunt Coordinator

BBC America's website says that S4 will be in fullscreen but TVShowsOnDVD.com says it's anamorphic widescreen. Anyone have any news on this? It would be weird if S4 comes out in 1.33:1 as all the previous series were 1.78:1.

7. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    S4 is anamorphic. Decent series, not quite up to S2 or even S3 IMO, but good nonetheless. I miss Jeff, the "look-alike" is OK though, and he seemed featured a little more than Jeff ever was until maybe later S3. The extras are fine, but no mention or hint of why Coyle "left".

These series are *very* short, make HBO stuff seem cheap in comparison. IMO so far worth the money though.

Question: Has an S5 been done or been scheduled?

8. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Steven Moffatt himself has confirmed that the fifth series has been commissioned, but it hasn't been recorded yet. This past year Moffatt (Coupling's writer) has been busy writing for the new Dr. Who series, so once he's probably about ready for Coupling now.

I don't know where the article is where I originally read this news, but something in me wants to say that they were supposed to begin recording in March (or maybe I'm remembering last series' recording dates).

Maybe it'll air in the UK by the end of the year. I think last year's series ran in the summer on BBC1, so I'd say sometime in the Autumn or around Christmas is more likely than sooner.

9. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Moffatt has written a two-parter for the new WHO series, so it's unlikely to have eaten too much into his time.

As I understand it, it is getting harder and harder to schedule a slot for filming where all of the actors are freely available. I believe this was stated in one interview, and its unlikely a new series will be on air before spring 2006 (perhaps filmed in the tail-end of 2005).

10. PaulP

PaulP Producer

They're both right, since on a widescreen TV, the discs will indeed be "fullscreen"... [​IMG]