What's new

Coupling S3 R1 non-anamorphic...any idea why? (1 Viewer)

Clint B

Second Unit
Subject says it all. The first two seasons were anamorphic, so it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't do the same for season 3. Any insight?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
This is the first I've heard about this. Are you sure it's non-anamorphic?

Clint B

Second Unit
Adam--yes, I'm pretty sure. I have a Sony WEGA with the 16:9 squeeze, and when I turned on the squeeze, the picture was noticeably squished. I don't know if I got a defective one or if they're all this way. But my copy, at least, definitely seems to be non-anamorphic.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Have your checked your DVD setting (16x9 vs. 4x3) as well?

If it's set to 4x3, downconversion will be applied to the video output, and then compound the Sony's 16x9 squeeze, the video will look squashed.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
DVDTalk's review says it's anamorphic. They also said that the episodes are spread out over 2 discs. I'd be interested to know if anyone's compared the transfer quality on the R2 and R1 releases. I have the R2 DVD and that one squeezes all 7 episodes on the first disc.

Clint B

Second Unit
My bad...it's anamorphic. Someone must've fooled with my dvd player's settings. I just changed it to output 16:9 and it looks fine. Sorry if I alarmed anyone. Mods, please close this thread if you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks