Coupling on PBS

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Al_S, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

I found this show when I was trying to find something to watch late on a Sunday night. I haven't laughed so loud in a long time. This show is fantastic!! I think there was an American version that really sucked and didn't last that long. Check it out if you get a chance. But make sure the kids are asleep.

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Do some searching, there's been lots of discussion about it here. There was also a long thread about the American version sucking and how the BBC version was so much better.

So far there have been three series of Coupling (in Britain what they call a series is similar to our seasons). There were something like 6, 9 and 7 episodes in the three series, so it only equates to one of an American shows series. I think that helps keep the show fresh. The first two are on DVD here, and the third I believe is coming soon. On DVD they are widescreen and look a hell of a lot better than what my local PBS shows and a good bit better than what BBC America shows.

What episode did you see? There's an episode guide at BBC America, but if you can wait to watch from episode one it's better. Although order isn't entirely important with this series, series three draws heavily from the development of the characters and their relationships in the first two series and I think it helps if you've seen all of one and two before watching three.

3. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

There is a season four coming this year. BBC America has it scheduled for June.

Be Seeing You,
    David Blackwell