What's new

Couple questions (Diva's, and Denon 3801) (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Ok, Im looking to upgrade to the Denon 3801 and some Diva speakers.
First of all, I have a crappy Technics receiver right now. Its 100 X 6 (amp for my passive sub), and when I have regular 2 channel stereo on for music, the sub is in use also. I like this feature. I would like to have the sub on when in 2 channel stereo. Is this how it works on all receivers? Do I at least have the option? I just didnt know if its unique to my present receiver. (And yes, I know when I get the Denon I will have to buy a powered sub or a plate amp for my passive sub I have right now)
Also, I am looking into the Swan Diva 4.1's as my mains. Anyone have these? Good for music as well as movies? I think they are only 2-way, so im not sure how that works.
And is the Denon 3801 ok for these speakers?
If anyone can answer any of my questions, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Steve_D

Second Unit
Yes, speakers=small, sub=yes your sub will be active. In fact, you can control the relative level by mode on the 3801...so no more turning up the sub for movies then turning it back down for music if you like your movie bass a little higher than your music.
The 3801 will be fine for Divas.
AVSFORUM.com in the Audio and HiFi Forum has a large thread of about 400 posts or more on the Divas right near the top...you will get tons of opinions and help there on Divas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks