What's new

CounterStrike for Xbox, whos got it?! (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
I just picked up my copy today at lunch, and tried it for about an hour (before I was forced to get back to work)

Initial impressions: Its almost exactly like the PC version, which in my opinion is a good thing.

It looks slightly better, and the Buy menu is cool, but Im so glad a lot of the classic maps from the original PC CS are here in full effect for Xbox. Also, NO CHEATERS!! Great News!!

Who is getting this, I want to get together with some HTFers for some great fun!

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I've never played the PC version, but the reviews I've read have been less than glowing. I picked up Rainbow Six 3 a couple of weeks ago and this seems kind of redundant. I think I'll pass for now.

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
I just finished playing it for 10 hours non-stop. Is it good? Yeah. Is it addcitive? HELL YEAH! If you love FPSs pick it up now.

Gamertag: PunkPortrais

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I got it played a bit tonight, it's alot like Rainbow Six, slightly Beefier than the PC version. One thing i notice the Xbox exclusive levels look alot better than the PC Ported ones. Plays pretty well online but having Rainbow six it is a bit repetitive. I should've probably gotten Project gothem 2, but I'm enjoying Counterstrike....

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I have a review for it, just waiting to see if Jay Mitchosky gives me the thumbs up :)
So you've managed to play this game extensively online in a good mix of environments containing players that work together to the goals of the levels? As that's where CS shines on the PC, and it'd be unfair to extensively review it otherwise.

Or is it more like "impressions" you've got? Just curious.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
well that's the downside so far. Most of the servers I went on Last night people were just doing the ole Deathmatch thing they were not working together they were not solving objectives. I really think we'll need some decent HTF teams to really enjoy this game.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I havent played CS on the PC, so its a review on just how the gameplay and online mechanics work together. Impressions are also there on how my experience working as a team were. Its very fun.

If I dont hear anything from Jay, then I will just post it as a reader review.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
I played for most of last night, and while everyone did seem to be running and gunning, I think that was because we were just getting used to the maps and control. Also, I kept just buying everything to see how all the different weapons were.

One thing Im a little bummed about is that there really seems to be not that many weapons available. Its not like they are unlockable, its just thats how many there are. I thought there were more on the PC version, but perhaps not. I dont seem to be missing any weapons from the PC version, so who knows.

Sniping is majorly cheap, just like the M82 in RS3. Control is PERFECT though. I never felt like I had "firehost syndrome" and I was even banging out a few headshots throughout the night.

The highlight of lastnight, for sure, was when I caught Calvin camping and stuck a knife right in his back. :D

Dont get me wrong, Im totally loving this game, those were just a few gripes I had.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Is there a mouse and keyboard for XBOX --> CS?

I am really really tempted to pick up an XBOX (if there is mouse and keyboard), pick up CS, and order the newly available [ghetto IMO] Adelphia. I would stay in all weekend and play CS on my peak 25fps Pavillion but it was good enough for me, I got so good, good ol' CAL days...

/me

Chris_Young

Auditioning
As far as I know, there is no keyboard for the Xbox, but the controller works just fine for the game.

I can't figure out how to select the knife. What button do you push? I push the yellow button and just go back and forth between the rifle and pistol.

I would say that the game is NOT 16x9, but it looks good stretched.

My biggest gripe with the game is that there is no brightness control like Raibow Six 3. Some of the inside areas I cannot see at all and I don't want to mess with my TV controls. Another gripe is that some of the terrorist uniforms are really hard to tell from the CTs.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I just traveled to school (I been out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdsay, and today, Thursday) because I have been the sickest I have ever been. A bunch of my friends at this one party Saturday night (same kid had one on Friday..) are also sick and we think it's from one common denominator with a dirty oral STD and spread it onto our beer pong cups, and then I had to close the driving range Sunday.. So because of all this, today I finally got up and checked in after school to talk to teachers and then research some gaming. I went to Best Buy and played some demoes and such but still didn't want to drop $50 on MK: DD. I then went to EB to see any deals, apparently my new hidden agenda is to get XBOX and CS, order Adelphia, and get Live, because I am falling in love with CS again.

Anyone know of any good deals for an XBOX Live and/or CS combo?

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
to select the knife, it is the Weapon toggle button. I think there might be some sort of analog feature though, like depending on how hard you press brings up the knife or something.

I have noticed that the knife will not select at times, and others it will. but, I have tried hard enough to figure out exactly what is happening there.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I just got last night and played it for a while, I think ill be getting rid of it. I tried for a few hours to get the controls right, but I just couldnt play fluently. I just find FPS better on PC I guess. I give it another chance right now, but so far im kinda decided to not keep it.

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

BTW my XBL GamerTag is L337FrEeZ if anybody wants to play right now(8:30 CDT).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks