Counterstrike Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Wetenhall, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Ryan Wetenhall

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how to run a counterstrike dedicated server when you are running off of a network? because I am running one downstairs but it says the server ip address is 192.168.1.100:27015 which is my routers address assigned to that computer
    Someone said something about downloading a server program but i couldnt find anything for windows.
    I am running off of a linksysbefsr41, have cable, and forwarded the necessary ports.

2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

yeah, what you have to do, is make sure that the router supports something called DMZ. What it does is assigns the outside ip to one computer on the network instead of the router so that it can do stuff just like your wanting.

your other alternative is to talk to your isp about getting a second ip.

eitherwhichway make sure you get some sort of software firewall for the server computer becuase in either method it won't have any of the protection offered by the router.

3. Ryan Wetenhall

I did set that computer to dmz, but the ip address is still 192.168.1.1, which is the same as most routers. What I need to do is somehow configure counterstrike so that it uses my external ip address or something.

4. DeepakJR

DeepakJR Second Unit

Make sure you have "sv_lan 0" in your config file in the cstrike directory. I am able to run a dedicated CS server thru my router. Its quite easy after you mess with it.

edit: Ahh yes, I forward ports 2705-2720 to the network ip of the server. These are the ports which CS uses to connect and play. Evertything works great for me, shouldnt be any different for you.

L8rz,
    Deepak Jr.