What's new

Counter-Strike 3.1 released (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
In case you Counter_strike fans haven't noticed, the new version was released yesterday and it is pretty good. Bunny-hoppin has been pretty much eliminated, the new maps are quite nice, and the voice software is a cool feature. The only negative is for people who use ATI video cards, you can no longer use Open GL. Other then that, I highly recommend you download the new version, it is worth it.
-Dean-
(A.K.A. Chest_Rockwell)
patriot.gif

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Dunno about you, but I've been playing some and I notice a lot of cheating going on. I've heard rumors of a headshot cheat, and I've been witnessing it first hand.
not much fun when people start cheating...

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Wolf,
I noticed the same thing last night. I hate cheaters and they do ruin the game. However, there are good servers out there that do a good job of keeping cheaters to a minimum.
Also, I have been playing a lot of Day of Defeat lately. That is another fantastic mod.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Peter_A

Second Unit
Man, I haven't played Counterstrike in ages. All the cheating and bitching just got to me. Too bad really, as it is a great multiplayer game.
------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

Adnan Sheikh

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't be too quick to accuse people of using 'headshot cheats.' This patch fixes the controversial hitbox issue, which basically means that damage is recorded more accurately now. A lot of people are reporting an increase in headshots as a side effect.
------------------
Adnan Sheikh
Resident :) abuser

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
After doing some extensive playing, I have to agree that there is little cheating going on. The aiming and hitboxes are much improved and this is the reason for more headshots. I actually think this is a benefit for the game, since it will award the skilled players and now make the less skilled people work harder to improve.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
when you are getting headshots consistently when just spraying down a hall, that is not skill. That is either extremely lucky or somethings broken (again).
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Link Removed

Peter_A

Second Unit
when you are getting headshots consistently when just spraying down a hall, that is not skill. That is either extremely lucky or somethings broken (again).
That's the truth
------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Hmmm, I am not seeing this, but then again, I play on more team-oriented servers that have less of the "spray-&-pray" newbies.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
I'll admit that I'm not too picky usually about where I play, but I still contend that there have been an increase in cheating. I'll agree that the hitbox issues contribute somewhat to it, but I think that game is now a little unbalanced because it (it makes the AK even more of a force IMHO.)
I am kinda tired of the 'guy jumps around corner, kills two people with headshots before they even shoot' kind of cr*p.
Oh, I do like the changes to inferno and like DE_storm. My only real complaint is that the new maps are kinda huge and require 12+ players to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks