What's new

Counter-Strike 3.1 released (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
In case you Counter_strike fans haven't noticed, the new version was released yesterday and it is pretty good. Bunny-hoppin has been pretty much eliminated, the new maps are quite nice, and the voice software is a cool feature. The only negative is for people who use ATI video cards, you can no longer use Open GL. Other then that, I highly recommend you download the new version, it is worth it.
-Dean-
(A.K.A. Chest_Rockwell)
patriot.gif

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Dunno about you, but I've been playing some and I notice a lot of cheating going on. I've heard rumors of a headshot cheat, and I've been witnessing it first hand.
not much fun when people start cheating...

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Wolf,
I noticed the same thing last night. I hate cheaters and they do ruin the game. However, there are good servers out there that do a good job of keeping cheaters to a minimum.
Also, I have been playing a lot of Day of Defeat lately. That is another fantastic mod.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Peter_A

Second Unit
Man, I haven't played Counterstrike in ages. All the cheating and bitching just got to me. Too bad really, as it is a great multiplayer game.
------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

Adnan Sheikh

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't be too quick to accuse people of using 'headshot cheats.' This patch fixes the controversial hitbox issue, which basically means that damage is recorded more accurately now. A lot of people are reporting an increase in headshots as a side effect.
------------------
Adnan Sheikh
Resident :) abuser

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
After doing some extensive playing, I have to agree that there is little cheating going on. The aiming and hitboxes are much improved and this is the reason for more headshots. I actually think this is a benefit for the game, since it will award the skilled players and now make the less skilled people work harder to improve.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
when you are getting headshots consistently when just spraying down a hall, that is not skill. That is either extremely lucky or somethings broken (again).
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Link Removed

Peter_A

Second Unit
when you are getting headshots consistently when just spraying down a hall, that is not skill. That is either extremely lucky or somethings broken (again).
That's the truth
------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Hmmm, I am not seeing this, but then again, I play on more team-oriented servers that have less of the "spray-&-pray" newbies.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
I'll admit that I'm not too picky usually about where I play, but I still contend that there have been an increase in cheating. I'll agree that the hitbox issues contribute somewhat to it, but I think that game is now a little unbalanced because it (it makes the AK even more of a force IMHO.)
I am kinda tired of the 'guy jumps around corner, kills two people with headshots before they even shoot' kind of cr*p.
Oh, I do like the changes to inferno and like DE_storm. My only real complaint is that the new maps are kinda huge and require 12+ players to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks