What's new

Count Dracula (BBC) 9/25 (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I received the new R1 release for this BBC production of COUNT DRACULA. Though I haven't watched the whole lengthy program, I did at least pop the disc in for a quick look.

The Good:
The picture quality was as good as I've ever seen it - better probably. I viewed the show originally on PBS in the late '70s and have relied on a VHS copy for most of the years since then. Attempts to upgrade via a BBC VHS video a few years ago brought a smeary video to my collection, and a you-get-what-you-pay-for attempt at an eBay DVD was, shall we say, a wash-out. This looks rock-solid with nice color balance - way better than I've experienced in years.

The bad:
As I arrived home yesterday, and had only a quick moment before heading back out, I popped the disc into the DVD player for a quick look. I was greeted with a forced BBC video promo that I couldn't get out of with either the "Menu" button or the ">>|" button. It was locked out of either functionality, and even the fast forward button didn't work. Frustrated, I left the DVD in play, shut off the TV and went out for a bit. Upon returning home, the DVD was in "Menu" mode and I sampled the start of the disc a bit, happy with the results, but the forced promo will forever be a thorn in my side with this DVD.

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks