What's new

Could you guys double-check me? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Okay - My bud and I are figuring on a Tempest in a 340 litre sonotube, tuned to 15.8 hz... If I'm doing stuff right, I'll be ordering a 48" x 24" tube this week. We got stuff semi-organized this past weekend.

Any comments are welcome.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
So I'm right on the approx. 48" length? Not quite sure what the final cut will be, since the tubes seem to vary in diameter. My bud is gonna pick it up sometime this week - Actually will likely be making two... Maybe three... Can't let $25 worth of tube just sit - gotta put $150 worth of speaker in it...

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Chuck,

Sounds about right. I've got a modified EBS alignment Tempest in a 24" diameter by 43" height sonotube. I calculated around 290L internal volume after accounting for the port (6" straight port, tuned to 17.5Hz), driver, etc. If you haven't alreay, you should probably check Andrew Low's webpage, especially the "Tube Volume Calculator" and the "Sonotube cutting calculator." Both were helpful to me. Also, you may find Adire's design software, LspCAD helpful, especially if you want to deviate from their EBS reference design at all.

Anyway, if you're using anything close to EBS Tempest, you should be happy. I enjoyed the build process, but I finished in January and I've really enjoyed going back and re-watching/listening to my DVDs and CDs. It's a whole new experience.

Here's mine:

JKS

Mike Keith

Second Unit
A 24" sonotube is just under 90L per liner foot, so your right on, except you forgot to deduct the port volume and about 5L for the driver. I just make the port a little longer than speced and then juse test tones to fine tune and cut about 1" per Hz off the length of the tube.

If you plan on any music listening I would consider a higher tuning and a smaller enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks