Could you add a private message notifier?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Poehlman, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Is there some way to have an unread private message indicator added? Preferrably at the bottom of each page.. like the local weather link?

I always forget to check 'em and when I do I find out someone has sent me a message a long time ago... then I get into the awkward "should I bother replying anymore? What if I don't reply? What if that person has sat at his/her computer waiting for my reply and they're nothing but a skeleton by now?"

2. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

You're automatically notified of new private messages at the very top of the screen when the Main Index loads. I also think there's a way of switching on a pop-up notification, but I might be wrong. [​IMG]

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Dave:

You will get an automatic notification that you have a new private message if you have this option to do so turned on in your profile (it is set to on automatically). Go to the User Control Panel > Edit Options and make sure this option is turned on.

Also, at the bottom of the forum listings you will see a Private Messages area that tells you that you have messages waiting, messages unread and total number of messages.

Parker

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Oh. :b I should really learn to read sometime.. it would make these computer thingys much easier to use.

Thanks.