Could "The Flash" and "Max Headroom" be closer than we think???

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rick P, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Looking at the Warner promo disc with NIGHT COURT, you can see both "The Flash" and "Max Headroom" on the sleeve, along with several other shows either already released or announced...

then I look at this line from the www.TVshowsonDVD.com story on "Lois and Clark"...

"Warner Home Video has not announced that date yet, but common sense tells us that we should expect it within the 30-day window leading up to theatrical debut of the new Fantastic Four movie on July 8th. Since big budget superhero films always seem to lead to superhero television show DVD tie-ins...."

HELLO? Calling Warner Bros! maybe not MAX, but Jiminny Christmas, wouldn't THE FLASH be a no brainer here? 23 eps makes a nice 6 disc set. And the Amanda Pays tie from FLASH to MAX is another no brainer (and 15 eps would be a nice 5 disc set).

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

NO! I CANNOT STATE IT MORE HIGHLY! THE FLASH IS ****NOT**** IN THE WORKS FOR DVD AT THIS TIME!!!

THIS INFORMATION IS DIRECT FROM WARNER! PLEASE DO *NOT* START THIS RUMOR AGAIN!

Sorry to get so excited, but I still have nightmares about the last time - a couple months ago - that this whole thing got started, for much the same reason! [​IMG]

The writer behind Batman Begins recently was said to be considering writing a new big-screen version of The Flash. Warner would not put out the DVDs until they could tie it in with that film.

The reason it (and a whole bunch of other TV shows that aren't on DVD and aren't going to be) are shown on the sleeves, menu screens, and other promo materials is simply to celebrate 50 years of Warner Bros. Television. That's all.

3. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

Could Max Headroom & the Flash possibly be on the bonus disc for dramas such as West Wing, Dallas etc? Because if so anyone see Brimstone on Warner's 50th Anniversary basnner?

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

They could....or they could simply be part of the Warner Bros library.

Gord

5. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Geeze guys.. it was just a question (note the ??? in the original..) Looking at the cover it seemed that all the shows (that I think I could make out) had either been released or had been announced as part of the 50th Anniversary release...

Shoot, it wouldn't be the first time something 'snuck up' on us....

I was just wondering (scampers back to his hidey-hole).

6. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

I'll take MAX HEADROOM!

Ric

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Again, Rick, my apologies for coming across so strongly. If you knew the hell Gord and I went through last time, you would understand better! [​IMG]

And you're right, Jim, nothing precludes an episode of either being on some of the bonus discs. But Warner hasn't said, yet.

We'll definitely let everyone know if we find out something. I want both shows pretty badly myself!