Could someone send me a copy of LspCAD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TysonN, Feb 11, 2001.

1. TysonN

TysonN Agent

I can't seem to download it without errors from Adire's site. my email is [email protected] - TIA!

2. Peter Johnson

Peter Johnson Stunt Coordinator

Its too big. Ill post it, try it from my site.
    I tried it a few days ago when you posted, but it bounced.
    www.vianet.net.au/~pjohnson
    Email me and let me know if you got it, otherwise I can email it to you in smaller pieces.
    PJ

3. Peter Johnson

4. Tyson Neidig

Tyson Neidig Auditioning

Thanks PJ, got it working now - I am modeling a sub for a friend & this will help a lot (2 tempests in a ported enclosure about 700 liters - WinIsd models it flat all the way to its -3bd point of 17hz with an output of 115db over the subs BW - not bad, eh?)

5. Peter Johnson

700L, thats like 24 ft^3...
    Tyson, some people's bedrooms are only a little bigger than that.. :)
    BTW, the felt is a no-goer. It gets rid of the brightness, but zaps too much detail and makes them sound closed in..

6. Tyson Neidig

Tyson Neidig Auditioning

You need some tubes! Check around, see if you can find a used Cal Alpha - you won't be sorry, and you can easily change the sound to your own liking by swapping out tubes. Also, check out the Ah! Tjoeb CD player - it naturally has a more relaxed treble presentation & could be a perfect match for most of your recordings. . . .

7. Peter Johnson

Well first things first...I am going to buy a car before my parent boot me out of the house for spending too much on hifi gear...without a car..
    And then...
    Its a DIY sub, OR a DAC, or a new cdp (preferably a DAC, perhaps a nOrh DAC?), or better amplification, probably by the Australian electronics manufacturer, ME sound.
    Also thinking about a DIY Passive Pre, and couple'a nOrh monblocks, once they come out...apparently $200each-70W.
    ANy experience with the Creek OBH-14, its a warm sounding DAC, and a passive pre. Paul Lam recommended it, and it sounds pretty impressive...I can "kill two birds with one stone"..
    Better be careful, this is a DIY forum, and we may be heading in the direction of a closed thread...email may be the best response to this.. :)