Could Somebody Help me Please?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan Preston, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Alan Preston

Alan Preston Extra

If any of you haven't seen my other posts yet I'm Alan. I am a 13 year old home theater fanatic. I have a 27" Sony Trinitron. Calibrating it has become addicting and frustarting. I'm wondering if anyone else out there could help me by telling me what are the best settings. Thanks!

2. ChristianW

ChristianW Stunt Coordinator

Do you have a calibration disc? Such as Video Essentials.

If not grab one of those and work through it. Then enjoy the results.

3. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

hi alan,
    Like many of us, you probably have been adjusting the Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint and Sharpness separately, many, many times, until the video balance just gets outa whack. If we try to set these by eye, chances are we probably set everything TOO HIGH.
    The best way to ACCURATELY calibrate the video is to play a DVD test disc that projects calibration scales on the tv screen so we can adjust or fine-tune with the hand-held remote.
    Beside needing a DVD player, you must buy the disc, and I suggest the cheapest at $15 the Sound&Vision Home Theater Tune-Up. It's easier to order online than find it at Best Buy, Good Guys etc. Surf in amazon.com and barnes&noble.com HERE
    The other 50 percent of the disc is a speaker calibration set-up for a system with a receiver/amplifier with Dolby Digital (and Dts) 5.1 surround sound for 2 mains, a center, two rear surrounds and a subwoofer.
    The disk comes with a narration soundtrack that reviews and explains the calibrations.
    bill

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

calibrating with a dvd is essential. i also have the s&v disc - it worked quite well. easy to use and understand.

also be sure to check out hometheaterspot.com too