1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Could not get into a subscribed thread from email link

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by Nelson Au, Oct 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

i got an email notice of replies to a thread I’m subscribing to. When I clicked the link, I got a page called Dev.hometheaterforum.com where I had to enter my name and password. My password did not work. Is there a new separate walled off section to the HTF? Or was this Phishing spam?

thanks!

by the way, it was the Disney thread for the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Blu Ray.

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

Nelson,

No, certainly not a phishing scam.

Sorry that happened to you.

Here is what is going on...

We are doing a major update to the platform we are on. Basically, it's the same platform but updating it to modern standards.

Before we can go live, we created a DEV forum where the owners can go in and test the functions.

All the threads on this forum are loaded there. So, as we test out and reply to existing threads (such as 20,000 Leagues), the reply notices are still going out to subscribed members.

We were not aware this was happening. I have brought it to the attention of our tech team. Hopefully we can patch that up.

Apologies again!

3. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Hi Ron,

Thanks a lot for the reply and information. That explains it. Sounds good and good luck with the updating!

Nelson