What's new

Could not get into a subscribed thread from email link (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
i got an email notice of replies to a thread I’m subscribing to. When I clicked the link, I got a page called Dev.hometheaterforum.com where I had to enter my name and password. My password did not work. Is there a new separate walled off section to the HTF? Or was this Phishing spam?

thanks!

by the way, it was the Disney thread for the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Blu Ray.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
i got an email notice of replies to a thread I’m subscribing to. When I clicked the link, I got a page called Dev.hometheaterforum.com where I had to enter my name and password. My password did not work. Is there a new separate walled off section to the HTF? Or was this Phishing spam?

thanks!

by the way, it was the Disney thread for the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Blu Ray.

Nelson,

No, certainly not a phishing scam.

Sorry that happened to you.

Here is what is going on...

We are doing a major update to the platform we are on. Basically, it's the same platform but updating it to modern standards.

Before we can go live, we created a DEV forum where the owners can go in and test the functions.

All the threads on this forum are loaded there. So, as we test out and reply to existing threads (such as 20,000 Leagues), the reply notices are still going out to subscribed members.

We were not aware this was happening. I have brought it to the attention of our tech team. Hopefully we can patch that up.

Apologies again!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Ron,

Thanks a lot for the reply and information. That explains it. Sounds good and good luck with the updating!

Nelson

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks