What's new

could my dvd be the problem? (1 Viewer)

david*mt

Second Unit
Every so often when I am watching a DVD, the dialogue will completely drop out of my center channel. I still get sound out of my other four speakers but nothing from the center channel. This problem didn't occur until about a month or two ago. Could my dvd player be the problem? If I turn off the dvd player and the receiver and then turn them back on the problem is usually fixed for a while. I am using the Liteon LVD-2001 with a Yamaha HTR-5560. The Liteon gives me a great picture via the 1080i upconvert but it has some problems such as loading and ejecting discs which makes me think that it might be the problem.

Steven_Lazarus

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have the option of using another input device CD/DVD player? You could use the CD player and run a DD ProLogic Signal throught he receiver and see if the center channel drops, you could also just go buy a cheapo DVD player that has optical out which I'm assuming your using, or either way coax/optical, and see if experience the same problem.
If the center channel continues to drop, well then it's probably a receiver issue, if not well problem solved DVD player is the culprit. Just keep receipt and take the cheapo DVD player back, head down to you local authorized Denon dealer and pick up the new 2910 !! great upscaling DVD player with SACD/DVD-A capability at a great price !!!! :) :)

P.S. have you tried other outputs, i.e. you have the same problem using optical and coax outputs on the DVD player.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks