What's new

Could It Be Family Guy On DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I was browsing Amazon.co.uk because I am interested in purchasing a region free dvd player for south park. To my surprise I stumbled upon the one and only Family Guy. You can check it out here. Could this possibly mean that fox is going to release it in the states any time soon????
------------------
Sorry about the previous Sig.
"Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for sega."-Brodie Bruce
South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Yeah same here. Plus it's only 30 dollars US. Which for the first season of Family Guy is a steal. This is fox and seeing as how The Simpsons was only 30 dollars this doesnt surprise me. Incase anyone wants to know my current titles to justify a new multi-region dvd player.
South Park
Friends
Return Of The Living Dead
Family Guy
Dilbert
All those tv shows are season-by-season none of this best of crap
------------------
Sorry about the previous Sig.
"Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for sega."-Brodie Bruce
South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
*gasp!*
SWEEET... i just hope they release it in North America.. Family Guy rules!!!

I hope Fox release Family Guy soon over here, else I will be forced to buy a region free player like the Malata player discussed at avsforum.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Most popular shows get released in the UK and other countries on video, because they don't have syndication
Personally, I will be very proud of whatever studio give the big finger to syndicators, and stops screwing their US customers
Jeff Kleist

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
I was wayching an episode of Family Guy (Running Mates) the other day on Sky 1 and, having seen the us version, was a bit cheesed off to see that it had been cut!!!
Hope the uk dvd release isn't going to be like this!!!
------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I read that the first two seasons of Family Guy are coming out in R2 & R4.
BTW, always buy R4 if you can (aussie) as the DVDs are MUCH cheaper than buying from the UK.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Personally, I will be very proud of whatever studio give the big finger to syndicators, and stops screwing their US customers
They would never give the finger to syndicators. It means more money for them. That is the goal of ALL television shows in the U.S. They all hope to make it to 5 seasons so they could sell to syndication.
--Ian

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Speaking of cut episodes. I have a Family Guy: Episode 213
that has a segment with Osama Bin Laden and the airport. I'm pretty sure this WILL be edited!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
quote: Dilbert[/quote]
Know what's sad about that? I think I am one of about 3 people who got season 1 on R2, it was the first R2 thing I ever got and I remain only to buy TV stuff on region 2. Regardless, Sony never bothered to put out subsequent seasons.
frown.gif

quote: I was wayching an episode of Family Guy (Running Mates) the other day on Sky 1 and, having seen the us version, was a bit cheesed off to see that it had been cut!!![/quote]
Sky's doing possibly, Sky cut a lot of the Simpsons too.
quote: Speaking of cut episodes. I have a Family Guy: Episode 213 that has a segment with Osama Bin Laden and the airport. I'm pretty sure this WILL be edited![/quote]
Greatful for you showing me that in LA, John, that was very funny I must admit. What season was it?
Whilst signs point to the R2 set of Futurama (out early next year) being much like the Simpsons Season 1 set presentation and extras wise, you all may want to try and get Family Guy as cheap as possible since I've heard it's a simple 2 disc thing but with 5.1 soundtracks for each episode. I may get it myself providing how cheap I can get it.
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on October 20, 2001 at 08:46 AM]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Dan,
That was season two.
The name of the episode is Road to Rhode Island
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks