What's new

Could I transplant a tweeter from JBL S38II to E90? (1 Viewer)

DavidHuguet

Agent
I've been thinking that towers would work better in my new setup and I have s38II's all around right now. saw good deals on the e90's, but I know they have different tweeters.

so I was thinking, couldn't I just transplant the tweeters and then I could use the modified towers and they'd be timbre matched? I don't know if the tweeters from the e90's though are the same size and whether the s28's could come out....if I remember correctly they have that solid plate on there...

dave

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In short, it wouldn't be simple. You would need to basically create an all new crossover. The tweeter isn't the only thing that gives you a timbre match; a speaker is a complete design that integrates each driver. Crossover is critical, as is cabinet tuning (for midbass/bass drivers).

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
The S38 uses a 1" titanium tweeter and the E90's use a 3/4" titanium laminate tweeter. Very different tweeters and as John said, there are other factors involved. I wouldn't do it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks