Could BMG be ready to open the floodgates for DVD-A....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin Lane, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

With the big news of Elvis Elv1s coming out on DVD-A, I think a major point was missed about this being BMG's first DVD-A. The rumors from a couple months ago have apparently come true (discussed here). Having BMG in the DVD-A camp will give the format a great boost from the possible title selection the BMG catalog could bring, however until I see more title announcements I will remain a bit skeptical. Getting out the first title is always the most important though.
    What does everyone else think?
    J

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

It can't hurt. I'm a big fan of DVDA as well of SACD. So the more the merrier since I have both in my system.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I can just see it, just like DVD and CD:
    A whole bunch of crappy releases are released way too soon, and then they "get it right" and remaster (and "special edition") everything the way that it should have been originally... [​IMG]

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Justin, I hope so. However, I am afraid that BMG is approaching DVD-Audio like Silverline. From what I have read, the Elv1s DVD-Audio disc will not have a discrete stereo track. [​IMG]