What's new

Could anyone confirm if Alan Alda or Jimmy Smitts are listed in TWW's opening credits (1 Viewer)

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Coiuld not agree more.

This show was gasping for air and these road epsiodes are new life. I am finding myself looking forward to seeing how it goes, instead of dreading the same old issues at the White House. When I now see Martin Sheen in a scene I start to tune out.

Stay on the road!

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit

Amen. I've never bought into the idea of C.J. as Chief of Staff and I'm tired of everyone else. I simply don't care about the denouement of the Barlett presidency.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

This is exactly what I was thinking. With the fight between Toby and Josh, I figured that sealed Toby's fate as a character for next season. I was thinking it has been publicized that Santos will win the presidency, assuming there will be a next season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Nor have I ever bought the idea of McCormack as National Security Adviser. Nothing at all against having a woman in that position, but she is entirely too young to have the knowledge necessary to hold that job.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

I agree, but I don't care. What is it with all these gorgeous West Wing women? :D

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Thank you!

I guess you can't take the Animal House out of some guys. He must not have learned his lesson.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit

It's funny but I thought that I had heard the opposite: a new version of TWW would have a GOP administration to open the possibility for new stories. Not that I'd mind a Santos presidency: I like the idea of my fellow Nuyorican (Smits) as president AND Princess Leia's adoptive father. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

She's in her mid thirties, and ran down an impressie resume at one point so I think she's qualified for a deputy position.

Now, CJ, I would agree has no training for her job. She was never allowed a great deal of access to national security and military decisions as Press Secretary, and wouldn't have half of the wisdom or knowledge in that area as she would need. In fact, at the time, Kate Harper would have been more qualified for that post.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think Santos will win for the following reasons:
1) They're not going to put a bozo like the current vp in office, unless the show is becoming a sitcom.
2) Vinick is publicly private about his religion and privately revealed he is at least a doubter. In today's world, I don't think anyone can be elected who does not publicy pay homage to god. For the show to elect him, would be to ignore the reality of todays political climate.
3) Smits would bring the demographics to the show that networks like, certainly better than Alda could. This would b e vital for a show that has dropped in the ratings.

BTW, has anyone noticed the irony of Barlet's situation? He's running a big deficit, the economies in the dumper. They're doing this because they want the show to exists in today's world, at least to some degree.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

This isn't a spoiler, just my hunch: If the show ends next year, I bet it does so with the death of President Bartlet, after he has left office. They have been showing his health deteriorating for a reason, IMO.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The irony I was referring wasn't his health, but that the fact that this fictional democrat's administration was being negatively effected by the real repulican president's policies, certainly at least as far the deficit goes.

Rob T

Screenwriter

He might have won Texas at the last minute or something like that.
or it might have just been a slip up.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
What a great episode! I can't believe that was the season finale. :emoji_thumbsup:

Actually, I think that was the best season since the first; maybe even better than that. Certainly all the campaigning episodes were top-notch.

From a plot standpoint, Toby's the more likely culprit (due to his emotional state following his brother's death).

OTOH everyone loves CJ (or at least I do - and I love her new haircut too!); if she's guilty, she's got no possible defence - but an outgoing President could probably pardon her, no? :)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

The election will be in November, they'll cover Bartlett's lame duck months, and Martin Sheen will exit the show.

To make a seventh season they have to cut the budget (which is why i assume they're ending Bartlett's term a year ealrler than it should). I'm pretty sure Alison Janney, Richard Schiff and Martin Sheen are out. I also doubt that Alda will be affordable enough, even though they have set up a nice adminstration for him cast-wise.

I'm still pretty confident that Santos will win, Josh and Donna will carry over to the new administration, and Leo will put in maybe two to three shows as VP.

Did anyone notice that this was the first season finale ever for The West Wing that didn't resort to killing someone? It's the third in a row where someone's life is in jeopardy, but they didn't resort to killing a person.

(My hunch is that CJ leaked the story. It's in her character to do that type of thing.)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Assuming TWW continues past next season, here is what I think the cast will look like in season 8:

For sure:

President Matt Santos
Vice-President Leo McGarry
Chief of Staff Josh Lyman

Likely continuing characters:

Kate Harper: will probably be promoted to National Security Advisor.

Charlie Young: He's such a popular character, I'm guessing they will find a spot for him. Not sure where, though.

Donna Moss: I don't think she'll be working at the White House but rather will be around because she and Josh will finally be free to "knock boots" ;)

May Be Back:

Will Bailey: They set this guy up as a great speechwriter. It would be interesting to see him step into Toby's old job as Communications Director. Josh/Santos offering the job and Will accepting might be stretch. Maybe they could give a job to his step-sister. :D I could get behind that.

Gone But Returning in a West Wing spinoff "Cell Block B"

C.J. Cregg and/or Toby Ziegler :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks