What's new

Cotton candy machines! (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
OK, I'm looking for a small, inexpensive cotton candy machine for my Home Theater.

Does anyone have any tips? Where to buy, what I might have to pay, how easy it is to make, etc? How do these things even work? Do I have to buy expensive "packets" to make cotton candy or can I just use normal grocery store supplies?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Heheh... Yeah. I was thinking more along the lines of an entry level, "professional" machine. If there is such a thing.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
It seems that these things are quite pricy ($500-1000!). You may want to check out Ebay, there were a number of "professional" models for under $200.
And from my very limited experience and research with these things, you have to have special ingredients. You need something called Floss Sugar that is flavored and comes in packets or large bulk containers. But, I do see they sell something called Flossine concentrate which you can add to regular sugar to make your own flossing sugar. This flossine concentrate is available in the same flavors so you don't need to worry about adding that yourself.
Maybe this site will help:
http://www.funfoodsusa.com/cottoncandy.htm

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Wow, thanks for the links. Lots of good info. I'm tempted to buy a major professional machine on a cart and go sell the stuff at the local fair to pay for it...

Does anyone actually own a "real" cotton candy machine around here? (by "real" I mean one that isn't sold at Toys R Us.) I really didn't want to make a career out of this. I simply wanted one for my home, but $500+ is high. Looks like I'll be hitting eBay.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I LOVE cotton candy!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

That said, our Firm rented a machine a few years ago for our year-end party and I got to run it while the designated "spinner" was on break. Pretty fun, but you have to carefully measure how much you put in there because it keeps spinning the candy until it's all been used. Thankfully there was no shortage of takers of the stuff or I might have had a problem. One cone after another was coming out quickly until all the sugar had been used. Another thing...a few loose pieces of the candy sometimes flies up in the air from the machine and can land on the floor or elsewhere. In my case, I wound up with some blue cotton candy in my hair. :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My very first experience with Cotton Candy, it rained, I cried.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks