Costco Toshiba 36HF12 Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RalphD, Nov 24, 2002.

1. RalphD

RalphD Auditioning

Last week I bought the Toshiba 36HF12 that Costco is now carrying for $1499. I did this after reviewing just about every message here for the last two months. This set seems a great value and (for those of us who still watch a lot of content with a 4:3 aspect ratio) looked to provide a great picture.

But the set I got has very pronounced green tint all along the left hand side of the screen about 2 inches in from the edge. I called Costco and they said it was probably damaged in shipping and they would happily exchange for a new one. That sounds great but it is a big deal to get enough people together to move this 200 pound monster. Is this a defect that is likely caused by mishandling -- or are the Toshiba's just not that reliable? This one's going back -- I am just trying to determine whether to exchange or ask for a refund.

Any happy Toshiba 36HF12/36HF72 owners out there?

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Im a happy toshiba 36HFX71 owner [​IMG] the only problem i had with mine were a few minor geometry problems, but that was easily fixed, and being the geek that i am it was also fun for me. I would guess that it was damaged during shipping, but thats only speculation i guess you would ahve tog et it looked at by a tech to find out for sure.