What's new

Costco pioneer 810HS (1 Viewer)

Mirko

Agent
Looking at this Pioneer unit at the Costco website.

I presently have DirctTv Tivo. Do I need a new Tivo subscription to get full functionality with this unit?

I'm really mixed up as to whether this is what I really need. I also want to upgrade my Tivo so that I get more hours of recording time. Can't figure out if I'm killing two birds with one stone by getting this unit or if I'm just complicating my life.

Thanks

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
The manual for this unit is available at the Pioneer site. You'll need to create a profile and sign in, then you can read or download it.

My research tells me:

This unit requires no subscription - a lifetime basic subscription is part of the purchase price and you get $100 back if you upgrade Tivo(for a minimum of a month?? Don't remember for sure, but you can check out the Tivo site for details).
If you want Tivo, this might be the way to go. You do have to activate the Tivo in order to use all the features, but you do not need to upgrade and you don't need to continue Tivo once you've activated it (in order for the features to work).

Mirko

Agent
Thanks for the info. I was not aware of the $100 rebate for activating Tivo. I currently have two DirectTv/Tivo units in the house. This would be a Tivo unit in a third location. I wonder how that figures into the $100 rebate.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks