Costco pioneer 810HS

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mirko, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Mirko

Mirko Agent

Looking at this Pioneer unit at the Costco website.

I presently have DirctTv Tivo. Do I need a new Tivo subscription to get full functionality with this unit?

I'm really mixed up as to whether this is what I really need. I also want to upgrade my Tivo so that I get more hours of recording time. Can't figure out if I'm killing two birds with one stone by getting this unit or if I'm just complicating my life.

Thanks

2. Doug Brewster

Doug Brewster Second Unit

The manual for this unit is available at the Pioneer site. You'll need to create a profile and sign in, then you can read or download it.

My research tells me:

This unit requires no subscription - a lifetime basic subscription is part of the purchase price and you get $100 back if you upgrade Tivo(for a minimum of a month?? Don't remember for sure, but you can check out the Tivo site for details).
    If you want Tivo, this might be the way to go. You do have to activate the Tivo in order to use all the features, but you do not need to upgrade and you don't need to continue Tivo once you've activated it (in order for the features to work).

3. Mirko

Mirko Agent

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of the $100 rebate for activating Tivo. I currently have two DirectTv/Tivo units in the house. This would be a Tivo unit in a third location. I wonder how that figures into the $100 rebate.

Thanks