Costco DVD bargains

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Balcziak, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

Stopped by Costco today and saw a huge new DVD display by the registers. Tons of Disney Treasures tins for $18.99 (all 4 titles were available), Iron Will and White Fang for $12.99 each, Rounders and The English Patient for $10.99 each (after $2 instant rebate), and tons of Disney titles with a $3 instant rebate. They also had a huge selection of Pearl Harbor + free title for $19.99/set. Good deals, all.

(Oh, and $10 off any Bose purchase.)

2. Brian O

Brian O Second Unit

Dont forget all the great concert DVDs they have gotten in recently at $12.99.

Billy Joel Live at Yankee Stadium

Sade

Earth, Wind, and Fire

Journey

Neil Diamond

Celine Dion

Tony Bennett

James Taylor

Stevie Ray Vaughn

to name a few.

3. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Pearl Harbor + Free DVD deals are cheaper elsewhere at $17.99 (BB, CC, etc.)

4. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    $10 off any Bose purchase?! i'm there! [​IMG]

5. Ed Faver

Ed Faver Second Unit

Picked up Quills

Clerks SE

The Horse Whisperer

all for $12.99 & the last two had instant rebates of $2 at the register. There are loads of $12.99 titles including Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffanys and the Criterion Chasing Amy. And there was a large supply of all the discounted titles. Also got the Episode II soundtrack for $12.49.

It seems like Costco is getting additional $12.99 titles every week and, with the large supply, there's no problem in getting them. That was my one gripe about Costco & DVDs. They never seemed to have enough copies. I hope this is a permanent change.

Happy shopping!

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

7. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Diana Krall Live in Paris $12.99.

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Not that it matters much, but the Costco price on the PH + "free" disc is actually $19.49. I realize that it FEELS like a ripoff, due to the comparison to the PH-only price, but realize that Costco is merely doing their price reduction magic on a sku-by-sku basis, and their buyer probably didn't make that intelligent deduction. A word to the manager on duty will probably take care of it, in my experience. At least at my local location it probably would. I'm holding out for the Vista PH, so it's immaterial to me.