What's new

Costco coupon book for Summer 2006 (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I picked up the annual summer coupon book at Costco today.

For me, it was very disappointing to see that there were no coupons for Warner box sets this year. I've picked up some very good deals the past several years this way. The flipside is that Costco has had extremely good pricing on new releases as they've come out and that several box sets have showed up at blowout prices recently.

There are some good deals on hardware.

Toshiba Upconverting DVD Player with 5' HDMI Cable $59.99
Several plasma/LCD TV sets
My personal favorite: TDK 100 pack DVD +/-R, buy 1 get one free

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Most of the best DVD coupon deals at Costco tend to come out around the holidays. Hang in there!

And don't feel too bad -- aren't we due for a DDD sale next month? ;)

Jim-M

Second Unit
That Toshiba player in the Summer Passport is a complete piece of junk. Lots of people experienced several random pauses of several seconds each during movies. Mine seemed to have a lot of noise/vibrations in the few hours I had it. The new Sony NS75H, while more expensive, is much better.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My local Costco had some good deals show up this week, no coupon required:)

Additional box sets for $19.99:

Marx Brothers Warners set
Errol Flynn Signature Collection
Steve McQueen Warners box set
James Dean Complete collection from WB
Clint Eastwood 3 movie collection

Jim-M

Second Unit
A mea culpa on the Toshiba player. Apparently it is the 860 model and not the 850 model they had until recently. Early reports at AVS Forums don't seem to indicate some of the same problems.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst

I'm actually considering picking this up. The coupon is good from June 12 to June 18 only. I would like a player that would upconvert to 720p as it would improve the performance on my BenQ DLP projector which is native 720p. The main reason is that a 720p signal can be viewed with zero overscan on my PJ while 480p cannot. $59.95 sounds like a bargain to get this upgrade and I'm not yet ready to invest in HD-DVD. Jim-M's comments make me wary about this, plus there's the old adage "You get what you pay for." The item# in the coupon book doesn't correlate to any model # on Toshiba's website. Does anyone know what the actual Toshiba model # is?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My club was also blowing out sets of "Green Acres" and "Mr. Ed" for $12.99 each. Great deal, but probably not a great harbinger for future season releases. :frowning:

Also, members should be aware that these Summer Passport coupons will not be mailed (according to the sign in my club). You have to pick it up at the warehouse.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Well, I picked up the passport and it mostly sucks. The good news is that it's "Part I" and only covers June and July, so there'll be another passport in a couple of months that might have better deals.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

As does mine. Maybe Costco is using regional coupons although that doesn't seem likely.

Steve

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hm. . .I'll have to check again when I get home, but I'm sure it said "Part I" and it was much thinner than the coupon wallet that I usually get in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks