COSTCO! 12 MGM titles for $6.99 each! Plus other deals.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Oct 22, 2002.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I hit Costco on the way home for Star Trek: Search For Spock - Collector's Edition ($17.99, by the way).
    While there I saw a couple of big displays of MGM product. One was $12.99 per title, and I don't recall everything on it but some of them were Thomas Crown Affair, Magnificent Seven, Princess Bride SE, Bull Durham SE, The Graduate, Platoon SE, Legally Blonde, and The Usual Suspects SE.
    The second, and cooler one, was a dozen titles at $8.99 each. But the GREAT thing was the instant $2 markdown at the register. I didn't catch how long the $2-off is running, but I'm certain it's "limited time only".
    So, for $6.99 each, you can choose from these:
    • UHF
    • Spaceballs
    • Throw Momma From The Train
    • The Bounty
    • Hoosiers
    • Showgirls
    • Kingpin
    • Hoodlum
    • The Bishop's Wife
    • Semi-Tough
    • What's the Worst That Could Happen?
    • Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
    Also saw a display of box sets. One was the Rocky box set we've seen for a while. One was a "Pink Panther" set, with four of the EXISTING releases (no new masters or supplements; same old stuff repackaged): ASitD, TPP, RotPP, and PPSA. There was a "Westerns" one, with Red River and 4 other western discs (not all John Wayne, either). And there was a Woody Allen box that had nothing to do with his previously release 3 "collection" sets. It was 4 or 5 of his DVDs packaged together. Unfortunately, I was rushed and didn't get a chance to see what was in it, or the price for any of these MGM box sets...which all looked like specials to Costco or maybe just wholesale clubs in general.
    I also spotted a 3-pack of Winnie the Pooh DVDs (Many Adv's, Tigger Movie, and I think the other was Book of Pooh) for $44.99. It wasn't a regular box-set-looking thing, but a completely enclosed "long box". You'll have to see it to understand.
    Good hunting, Costco members!

2. Alex_Santos

Alex_Santos Second Unit

Damn Dave, you beat me too it by about 2 minutes. I just posted the same thing. Oh well, it seems you will get all the credit as usual (just kidding). By the way, the box sets that you mentioned were $44.99 a piece. They also had a set that included a Bond movie as well as Ronin although I cannot remember what the other three titles were.

Don't forget about the free $7 with the Bond set. I personally think that free money is better than some worthless extra DVD.

Target is also offering those same MGM titles as 2 for 25 and they are including Silence of the Lambs - Special edition as well.

3. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

4. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

I picked up The Bounty for $6.99 last night. These are tremendous prices if any of the titles Dave listed are of interest.[​IMG]
    Joel

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Costco and/or TV-on-DVD fans should definately click here! [​IMG]

6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Anyone know if the $2 off is still running?

7. James D

James D Second Unit