Cosmic Revenge!!!!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarkHastings, Apr 8, 2003.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Have you ever gotten revenge (or know someone who has) on someone else, but didn't lift a finger to do it?

Example:
    A friend of mine was slowly driving his pickup truck during a storm. This woman was on his ass the entire time (She was driving one of those sporty convertible type cars)...She kept driving on his rear and beeping...He got so aggravated with her that he pulled over and let her pass...She flew past him and out of sight. A few miles up the road, he sees her outside of her car on her cell phone...She had missed a turn and rammed her car into a guard rail. He drove by really slowly and smiled at her.

Talk about Cosmic Revenge!!!!

But my favorite story has to be this one...I wished I was there when it happened because it has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard of.

My brother and 2 other friends were driving down the parkway when this guy comes flying up on their back bumper. My friend was in the left hand lane, but cautiously doing 55mph. The guy didn't like this and started taunting them. After blaring the horn a few times, my friend moved into the right hand lane to let the guy pass. As the guy was in line with my friend, he gave them a mean look and flipped them off.

Now, here's where it gets good

As soon as he flipped them off, the hood of his car flipped up (like the scene in the movie Tommy Boy) and the guy had to slam on the brakes because he couldn't see.

My friend said he nearly pissed his pants because the look on the guys face was "priceless"!

God, I love cosmic revenge!

2. Mark Brewer

Mark Brewer Stunt Coordinator

a guy followed us home one day on my bumper about 4 miles. He followed us into our parking lot. He got out his car(he was about 5' 1" or smaller) . I got out of my car and gave him the evil eye and he got back in his car and sped away. I guess my 6' 5" frame intimidated him[​IMG] [​IMG] ...
    __________--
    When I was 12 and we lived in Philadelphia a guy brok into our house in the middle of the night. My dad ran down stairs and jumped off the landing and tackled him. The burglar was so scared that he ran back out the door and into the street and was hit by a Police car. Gosh that was funny. ANd he tried to sue us and the Police for damages. The Judge would not allow it.

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Once my wife and I were driving during rush hour in San Jose and this guy was just breathing down our necks. He was honking, swearing, shaking his fists at us, all kinds of stuff. Odd thing is we were stuck in traffic and moving at normal speed (city streets), so there was really no point in passing us as you'd just be behind someone else. Anyway, he finally guns his car and jumps over the left side curb to get past us and zooms up the street. Next red light, like the turtle and the hare, we ease up right behind him in traffic. He looks in his rearview and my wife just points at him (kind of a "you see what I was talking about" manner.) The guy went friggin' crazy and was screaming, pounding his fist into the steering wheel, trashing around in his car. We were cracking up by then, it was just too funny.

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I LOVE stuff like this. [​IMG] Unfortunately, it doesn't happen nearly often enough. [​IMG]

5. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

One of my professors told our class today that just last week she was driving in town and for some reason this college-aged girl drove around her and flipped my professor off. Later that day the same girl walked into my professor's office for her advisor meeting. [​IMG]

Talk about hilarious.

6. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

7. MarkHastings

8. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

I normally don't believe in any kind of karma like this, but it sure is nice when "what goes around comes around". Let's just say my ex-wife (and my ex-friend, who she now lives with) have had a string of bad luck since we seperated.

9. TimDoss

TimDoss Second Unit

I used to take a curvy mountain road to work everyday and one time this guy was tailgating me and honking so I turned out
    and let him pass and he floored it and took off... a few minutes
    later in some of the more curvy parts traffic was backed up,
    finally got around a turn and there he was facing the wrong way
    all dented up from bouncing off the wall. Couldn't help but laugh.

Another time a guy passed me around a turn, which is about the stupidist thing you can do... made that one ok, but there
    was a truck pulling a trailer in front of me and he went to pass him too, lost control, hit the trailer, swerved over into the cliff, swerved back into the trailer, back into the cliff, back into the trailer then finally hit the brakes and got back behind him... another good laugh as I passed him pulling over. Love seeing that stuff. Not so funny though the
    times I'll fly past people on the freeway only to get pulled over by a cop... I'm sure they were all laughing at me as they
    passed.

10. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

That's a lot of road rage stories! Anybody have shopping cart rage stories?

11. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

No shopping cart rage stories but I can tell you a good car story.

First one was when we were heading from Oregon to Valencia California (Magic Mountain Baby) which is a yearly trip we make and almost all freeway driving. Well we are headed down and traveling at around 80mph and we have this guy on our ass even though we are passing people like mad so we move over to the right and slow down. about 5 miles up the road he is pulled over by a cop, his head now on the steering wheel. So we continue on by and about 15 minutes later he is back up on our ass again so we pull over.... about 5 minutes later we see him pulled over by Another cop... Same story and yes it happened a 3rd time right after that, and as we drove by we just honked our horn laughing our asses off... I dont know if he got arrested or decided to slow the hell down because he didnt pass us again but that certainly had to be a pretty damn expensive hour for that guy. [​IMG]

KyleS

12. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Supporting Actor

A young couple made a small purchase at my shop then went to a cafeteria across the parking lot. After they left I noticed that two bottles of the product they purchased were missing from the shelf indicating that they had shoplifted one of the bottles. The product was only worth about $5.00.

Since it was closing time, I locked up my shop & walked over to the outside of the cafeteria as they were sitting down with their trays of food. The guy looked up, saw me looking through the window, waived at me & then sheepishly put his hand back down. That's when I knew he was guilty. I waved & walked back to my shop.

I stood on the sidewalk with a cell phone to my ear & pretended to call the cops while staring at the cafeteria window. The guy stood up to look out the window & saw me making a call. Then the girl stood up & saw me making a call. Then they both got up, paid for their uneaten meals & dashed out the exit.

They jumped in their pickup truck & zoomed out of the parking lot while I stared at them and talked on my turned off phone. Then I heard a banging sound. I got in my car to leave the shopping center & saw the girl pushing the truck to a parking spot. They either blew their engine, transmission or crashed into something. The next day several guys covered with grease were still working on the disabled truck and the couple didn't get to eat their two meals all for a $5.00 shoplifting!

Jay Taylor

13. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Max, surely you remember Julie K's now-legendary shopping-cart/uncontrollable children thread. I felt as if I had to moderate that thread full-time, given the emotions aroused by Julie's dislike of children.

14. Frederick

Frederick Second Unit

A few years ago, I had started a new position in my company doing technical support for clients using a software application that we provided for them. It just so happens that there were a few areas in my company that used the same software, and there was one area in paticular that was always having problems. Me being a rookie, I was told to accompany one of the senior techs to troubleshoot the problem. On the shuttle bus ride over, I was told how this paticular area was always a problem, and how if they'd just pay attention to what they were doing, they wouldn't have all these problems, etc.

You know where I'm going with this, right?

So while the tech was filling me in on this paticular group, and I mean she was REALLY laying into them, I happened to notice a woman sitting on the front of the shuttle, looking rather uptight. I didn't really think anything of it. I didn't recognize the woman, so I didn't give it a second thought. So when the bus stopped at the building, we got off and made a pit stop because we were early. Afterwards, we grabbed the elevator and called for the contact person to come around and get us. Guess who answered the phone. Talk about a tense moment! When she came around to the door to let us in, the look on each of their faces was priceless. The next day, we got the longest email about how to act when we're out in public. I didn't get in trouble, but the tech was pulled into a rather long meeting ...

Freddy C.

15. ChuckDeLa

ChuckDeLa Cinematographer

I love stories about people getting their comeuppance! Keep 'em coming!

16. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

17. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

I totally agree that some drivers need to stay in the kiddie lane on the right and save the left hand lane for the adults but COME ON! Being inconvenienced is no excuse to endanger lives. On the other hand it would be nice if there was some safe way to let people know that they are not in a parade, they are on a freeway.

BTW, my biggest pet peeve is when two or more cars drive side by side at the same speed for miles on end. Get in the same lane and stop blocking the freeway, already! Obviously I have road rage myself. [knocks wooden head]Luckily, I haven't had karma bite me in the ass for it.[/knocks wooden head]

18. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I imagine she is tied up with work-related issues. It's not uncommon for her to take month-long leaves of absence from HTF. Damn it.

19. MarkHastings

20. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

Yep. One time a drunk hit the back of my lead sled. He was like "hey man you ain't hurt is you?..". I looked at the front of his tran zam and noticed a coolent leak.

I just said, "ahh it's cool, man".

Heh heh heh.