Cosco

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly N, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent

I have read mention of a number of people who really like Cosco. We only have one in Nashville and it's on the other side of town so I haven't had the oppotunity to go and check it out. I was wondering what the big attraction is. Do they have a better selection of electronics than Sam's wholesale or a special return policy, price matching or what?

2. Jordan Tracey

Jordan Tracey Stunt Coordinator

Naaa, no big thing about Costco....Theres one near Cool Springs, well right across the street from the mall, nothing big...KLH speakers, some lower end products....Some nicer tv's...I'd rather go to Audio Video Environments anyday!

3. James RD

James RD Supporting Actor

Well...you can get a 55 gallon drum of Best Foods Mayo and a 20 lb can of tuna. "No big thing" - I don't think so.[​IMG]

4. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

"Naaa, no big thing about Costco...."
    Dude....you're crazy!!![​IMG]
    I am a Costco addict....maybe not for HT gear, but pretty much everything else, food, furniture, DVDs and CDs, tires, etc.
    I have memberships to both Costco and Sams. I like Costco better for food products. Sams is good for hardware, tires, and the like.
    Also, Costco has had some damn fine deals on HD tvs lately.
    Jeremy

5. John_Mark

John_Mark Auditioning

Costco is an outstanding source of "Mid-Fi" stuff. They have pretty much an unconditional guarantee of satisfaction. Example: About 4 months ago I bought the 5 disk Pioneer Prog. Scan DVD player from them for around $275 or so. I promptly washed the receipt. Arrgh. I kept the box for a couple months but then threw that away after the machine proved to be working OK.

3 Weeks ago I was in the store again and they had the JVC XV-D723GD DVD player. A much better player than the Pioneer. The price was $225. This was the player I had really wanted in the first place. Sooo...after I got home and thought about it for a while, I called up the store and asked if there was any way I could exchange the Pioneer for it. Told them I had no box, no receipt, but all the manuals/cables/etc. Also told them that the player worked fine, just that I wanted a different one.

Their answer was "NO PROBLEM!". So I ended up with the JVC AND $50 in cash back. Amazing.

I'll be buying a lot more electronics at Costco. Oh...and like one of the other posters here mentioned...their HDTV prices are really dropping.

Cheers.