What's new

cosby show Season 8 DVD Edited (1 Viewer)

TVFan

Agent
Real Name
Mark
I Dont Know For Sure But It Seems That This DVD Has Two Edited scenes in them. The episode Clair's Place seems to have a music replacement that scene was suppose to have The Isley Brothers Twist and Shout and now it dont seem to have the Isley Brothers Version. The Second Edit I Notice Was In the episode The Getaway When Cliff Called Santa Clause and found out one of Santa helpers died He was suppose to tell the age of the helper and his girlfriend and he was also suppose to have a line that said Young Women will do it to you all the time. Anybody remembers those scenes on Tv.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I can't speak to any possible edits, but just the possibility has me putting this purchase on hold til I can find out for show. Any editing whatsoever - no sale.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
I couldn't tell you. I gave up watching the show after around the fourth season or so.

TVFan

Agent
Real Name
Mark
These eps. are edited on the dvd the ep. the Getaway has an extended scene where cliff talks to santa and the ep. Clair's Place seems to have a music replacement. I saw these Eps. on tv and recorded them both but the dvd has some entended footage too so how can they call these eps. uncut even if they added more scenes in the episodes? The dvd are atleast 23 min. to the 21 min tv edits.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I don't recall Twist & Shout being used. Can anyone confirm this for sure ? If it's true then they likely couldn't get the rights to that song or it simply cost too much. By Season 8 I would think that sales would be down quite a bit making cuts like this more likely.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

What shows have you actual bought? I know of few TV shows that don't have some sort of edit. Whether it is 2 lines from White Christmas from the Xmas Mary Tyler Moore show or most the music on WKRP it seems that most TV shows are missing something.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well you've just named two I haven't bought. What have I bought? Tons, all unedited - MASH, The Simpsons, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Star Trek, Andy Griffith, Bob Newhart, I Love Lucy, Mission Impossible, Monk, Frasier, Columbo and lots more. Thankfully there are only a relatively small proportion of tv releases that are edited out there.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
At least 3 of these shows contain edits: The Simpsons" ("rabies" substituted for "Tourette Syndrome"), "Andy Griffith" (music deletions), and "I Love Lucy" (scenes cut from seasons 4 and 5, although most included as bonus features).

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
out of curiousity. I know a complete series set is coming out this fall, are they going to "fix" season 1 or will it be the same syndicated versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks