What's new

Cosby Show S2--uncut? (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
What exactly happened to season 1? I didn't even realize it was edited. So they actually edit a freakin 30 minute TV show for syndication? WHY? I already bought S1 months ago so it's too late for me... but this seems really stupid that they edit TV shows like this.

To cram more commercials I'm guessing?

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
That's really sad. I seriously was not aware they did this.TV shows are already made for TV! What I mean is they have spots in them for commercials. The S1 Cosby episodes are about I think 21 minutes long... so that's the EDITED length? How long were the original episodes? How much editing are we talking?

I enjoyed season 1 and am ok that I bought it but just knowing they do this stupid stuff is very... irritating.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The full episodes were 2-3 minutes longer than the edited versions...I'm surprised you weren't aware of syndication edits; they've been a huge discussion topic here especially since Alf and Ren and Stimpy came out...

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I'm not overly into TV shows on DVD... though I have alot more than I ever thought I would beyond Star Trek. But I don't think I was frequenting the site that much when CS season 1 was out. So I missed the info I guess. :)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
All this talk of cut/uncut is going on, but nobody's talking about the set itself. I thought for sure the two-disc stacking packaging would cause a stir.

The episodes themselves are comic gold, and I especially liked the music-related episodes and "Theo's Holiday."

The extras were nice, but I would have loved to have a couple more commentary tracks. "A Touch of Wonder" could definitely use one.

Those of you who have this one, what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.