Corrs Live in London Dvd region 1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Fletcher, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Larry Fletcher

Larry Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have this yet? I finally got Lansdowne road dvd last week (region 2). Lansdowne rd rules!. Is live in london any good?

2. Jamie Cole

Jamie Cole Stunt Coordinator

Larry,

We own this DVD... in fact, it's my wife's favorite. The Corrs have a great sound and 5.1 really shows it off. Also, Mick Fleetwood sits in on a few numbers.

I recommend it highly.

3. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    What Terry said!

I also want Unplugged on DVD...I was so desparate I bought it on VHS(!) and I have to admit that even on tape, it looks and sounds damn good!

4. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Jamie,
    I think you are talking about The Corrs - Live at the Royal Albert Hall, while Larry is talking about The Corrs - Live in London... yes, there is 4 Corrs DVDs available everywhere but Region 1 [​IMG]
    -Christian

5. Jamie Cole

Jamie Cole Stunt Coordinator

6. Paul James

Paul James Stunt Coordinator

I have all four Corrs concerts on DVD. Live in London not to be confused with "Live at The Royal Albert Hall" mind you is the BEST so far IMO, it has a stunning DTS track and the video transfer is also first rate.
    Paul

7. Paul Richards

I too am a huge fan of the Corrs and have been anxiously awaiting Live in Londonon. Can anyone tell me where I can buy Live in London DVD in the states in Region 1? It seems like no e-tailers are even listing this title as being available. Thank you for your help!

8. Sam Rossi

Sam Rossi Extra

For those interested ! The Region 1 "Corrs Live In London" has been released as a Canadian Import. It is Region 1 NTSC with what appears to be the same feature set as the Region 2-6 release, i.e. DTS/DD 5.0, anamorphic WS. I haven't had a chance to view the disc yet but I did find it at Sam Goody B&M; also available on-line at samgoody.com (search "corrs")

Now if we can just get "Unplugged".

BTW, for those interested this is a Warner Music Vision release in a keepcase, no less. Go figure.

SamR.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I love this band! I've download a handful of the "Live In London" video clips (AKA Wembley because that's where they played in London), and the Corrs were sounding very good at this concert. I wish I knew about the Sam Goody link sooner because I wound up ordering it from C & L, a Canadian online store, and got dinged for a huge shipping charge by them, but hopefully the Canadian dollar is weak when it gets converted by the credit card company.
    I've seen somewhere that their MTV Unplugged DVD for region 1 might be released late in February. I'm crossing my finger on that one.
    I look forward to getting their "Lansdowne Road" DVD in region 1 one of these days as well.
    The Royal Albert Hall Concert DVD is pretty good, and very enjoyable. What I've seen of the video clips from the Lansdowns Road concert looks unbelievable w/r/t the crown and their performance.
    I've also wished someone at Atlantic Record would come up with a compilation of their rare singles or b-side singles because they have 15-20 songs that are bonus tracks on some of the European or Australian or Asian albums, and it a major pain to come across them (other than via MP3's, but the quality is so-so at 128kbs for the most part).
    Songs I'd like to see on a compilation CD:
    1 Head In The Air
    2 I Know My Love (with the Chieftans)
    3 Judy (In Blue special OZ edition)
    4 Lifting Me (In Blue special edition)
    5 Looking In The Eyes Of Love (In Blue special edition)
    6 Looking Through Your Eyes (Quest For Camelot)
    7 Love In The Milky Way
    8 Make You Mine (on The Best of The Corrs)
    9 On My Father's Wings (Quest For Camelot)
    10 Rainy Day
    11 Remember
    12 The Winner Takes It All (Abba tribute album)
    13 We Are Family (Live)
    14 Would You Be Happier (on The Best of The Corrs)
    15 1999 (cover of Prince song)
    16 On Your Own
    17 The Long And Winding Road
    18 No Frontiers (maybe a studio version)
    19 More Than Ever Before (heard a snippet of this)
    Can you tell I'm a big fan of The Corrs? [​IMG]

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Another place that offers the Live In London DVD is at HMV for a rather decent $US price.

11. Benny G

Benny G Second Unit

Woohoo!
    Glad to see a discussion on The Corrs.
    The best place that I know of to buy R1 LIL (Live In London!) is:
    http://www.absound.com
    I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive...hopefully it gets here soon.
    Sorry to get off-topic here, but if anyone has a fast connection and would be interested in mpeg videos, I have about 25 CDs of Corrs mpegs. I have ICQ & MSN. Drop me a line at: [email protected] (note the email address..hehe)