What's new

Corrected pressing of Rififi available. (1 Viewer)

Mick Wright

Second Unit
Does someone have a list of players that exhibit this audio sync problem ? I have watched this movie with its French track on my Panasonic player, and I don't remember coming across any audio sync issues ...

I've watched the film on a Panny dvd-a320 and a Pioneer dv-343, and on both the audio is out of sync during the heist, especially the hammer and chisel scene.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
My understanding was that this is a mastering problem and therefore across the board. I don't think it's specific to any player.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Clay H

Auditioning
Ted,
I called and asked them about just dropping the disc off at their office (which I was surprised to find was only a block away...) and was told that they would prefer to have them sent by mail only.
Oh well, might have been an interesting place.
Clay

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
quote: Why did you get this e-mail? Just curious what the steps are for the rest of us that have this DVD.[/quote]
I think you get on the mailing list here:
http://www.criterionco.com/form.html
[Edited last by Andrea W on August 23, 2001 at 04:32 PM]

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
well, i hope you're right, sir. i want to be able to tell it's been corrected, not look at different 'first pressing' discs.
:)
a
------------------
visit neverville

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I just recieved my corrected copy today form Criterion, I sent them the disc only in a CD jewel box. They sent me a new copy complete & sealed. On the back cover in left hand bottom corner it says second pressing, my other cover of course says first pressing. This is thee only way to tell if you have the correted version. Just thought I would pass this on if anyone still wanted to know.
Al

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks for the confirmation, Al! Only one store I've been in has copies (both first pressing), but maybe it's safe to order it from Amazon now. At least I now know for sure what to look for. . . .

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Anyone know if this is still valid? I never exchange my first pressing of Rififi and would like to get the corrected version.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I just received my second (fixed) pressing Rififi DVD from Criterion yesterday. Just send in your bad one to the address in the this thread and don't forget to include your own address.
Ted

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Adrian,

Contact Criterion directly. The fact that the original was defective shouldn't have some sort of "expiration date" for the exchange program. I mean, what if you just found out about the defect now? That would be unfair to anyone who happened to purchase the original versions which may still be floating around on store shelves.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Before you send Rififi to Criterion,

could you check out the date of the VOB files?

I want to start a list of old vs. revised VOB files

for corrected discs.

I will post the VOB files for updated discs;

Rififi

Last Temp. of Christ

Magic Flute

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I was sent replacements,

so these should be the most current VOB files;

Rififi 07/18/2001

Magic Flute 06/02/1998

Last Temptation of Christ 08/24/2001

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I was sent replacements,
so these should be the most current VOB files;
Rififi 07/18/2001
Magic Flute 06/02/1998
Last Temptation of Christ 08/24/2001
It looks like I have the uncorrected version of The Magic Flute (as do per force my parents and a friend -- I bought three copies). Do you know what exactly was fixed? I seem to remember a severe 10(?) second pixilation problem -- was that it?
Are there any other Criterion disks besides these three that have been corrected?
Thanks,
Ted

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I think the problem with The Magic Flute was the audio

was crossed in one section, L for R and R for L.

Whats the date of your Magic Flute VOB files?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The Magic Flute VOB: 03/31/1998

Also, the back of the DVD says "First printing 2000"

How did you find out about the Magic flute & Temptation problems? I know I heard about Rififi on HTF, but this is the first I've seen any mention of the other two.

Thanks,

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks