What's new

Correct settings for dolby pro logic 2? (2 Viewers)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Call me anything you want, but I have yet to hear a difference on my DA5ES with panorama mode off or on:angry:
I wonder if it really even does something(no I am not into conspiracies:D ).:confused:

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Everyone that I have heard has never heard the difference with panorama either on or off. You can try and play with it, but I just leave mine off.

However, the dimension & width can make dramatic differences depending on what settings you have set.

GregK

Screenwriter
"Panorama" is a mode that stretches the front left and right channels more toward the corresponding left and right surround tracks like a horseshoe (And a little like Jim Fosgate's classic "Rock" mode.) Listen to something with hard left or right front images and then switch the Panorama mode on and off.

Roger Dressler

Stunt Coordinator
GregK is correct. It is indeed a subtle effect on many programs--and as you have seen, the least noticeable of the three controls. It can also be less obvious when using dipoles rather than direct radiators in the surrounds.

The idea was to offer another level of surround utility without being so strong as to cause annoyance/fatigue over time.

If you happen to have Christine Aguilera's "What a girl wants", where she alternates L then R channels at the opening, it ought to be very plain what Panorama does there. But I understand there are different mixes of this track. Doobie Brothers "Steamer lane breakdown" is another such case. But it does show up more subtly on lots of other mixes, too.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Hi Roger, nice to see someone from Dolby. I'll have to try out those recommendations. Do you have other suggestions to play with the panorama mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks