Correct LED replacement??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny Mo, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Johnny Mo

Johnny Mo Agent

Anybody know the correct LED for the Volume COntrol knob on a Marantz DP870? Mine is not working anymore, and it is starting to bother me. If anyone has a DP870 service manual I'd be grateful for a copy. Thanks.

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Are you sure it's the LED? LED's generally last a long long time before burning out.

3. Johnny Mo

Johnny Mo Agent

I'm pretty sure...the light on the knob is the only thing that doesn't work...it had been in for service some time ago, but I think when it came back is when it stopped working. I don't want to send it out and be w/o it for over a week for something so trivial, but I'm certain if I knew the correct LED I'd be able to replace it myself...actually when I first got it back something wasn't working on it (I forget what) and I opened it up and noticed the ribbon cable that attaches the faceplate to the main board was not aligned properly...maybe it's still slightly off and the one pin that isn't touching correctly is for the LED...I'll open it up and take a look, I just wanted to have the LED handy to replace it and close it back up in the same sitting

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    John,

You should be able to get any part you need for your receiver by calling the Parts Dept. at Marantz’s U.S. headquarters.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt