What's new

Coronation Street DVDs (1 Viewer)

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
I have been watching some of the first episodes of Coronation Street, the 50 year old prime time soap aired in England, on YouTube, and have been enjoying the episodes. I've gone to the beginning, and am gaining interet as I watch each one. Great acting, and writing as well. I have been looking around, and it seems this TV show has only been released in Region 2 sets. Of course, this is a problem, since my DVD player from Best Buy only plays Region 1 DVDs.

Have any of these sets been released on DVD for region 1 viewers? I'd love to follow this fine show through its' history. The sets I have looked at are divided by decades, with 8 episodes from each year... You seem to be able to follow the storyline somewhat from these sets, which sounds interesting to me. In addition, a new DVD set called 50 Years of Coronation Street has been released. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the show, and it is still being broadcast with new episodes. Move over Guiding Light and As The World Turns.

Any ideas for me?

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck
They releases some best of sets a few years ago. They are available at amazon and also Netflix has some for rent. Also you may want to check AMAZON ON DEMAND. They are a few months behind but you can purchase each eppie as a rental only.

I am a big fan of Coronation Street, EastEnders (featuring my good friend Barb Windsor) and Emmerdale! Great shows!

Also check Amazon because the 50th Anniversary Coffee Table (tea table ) book is coming soon for the holiday shopping season.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jack Cleveland

I have been watching some of the first episodes of Coronation Street, the 50 year old prime time soap aired in England, on YouTube, and have been enjoying the episodes. I've gone to the beginning, and am gaining interet as I watch each one. Great acting, and writing as well. I have been looking around, and it seems this TV show has only been released in Region 2 sets. Of course, this is a problem, since my DVD player from Best Buy only plays Region 1 DVDs.

Have any of these sets been released on DVD for region 1 viewers? I'd love to follow this fine show through its' history. The sets I have looked at are divided by decades, with 8 episodes from each year... You seem to be able to follow the storyline somewhat from these sets, which sounds interesting to me. In addition, a new DVD set called 50 Years of Coronation Street has been released. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the show, and it is still being broadcast with new episodes. Move over Guiding Light and As The World Turns.

Any ideas for me?

Invest $50 in a region free player. Or take five minutes and get the code to make your current player region free.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
I took your advice, and ordered a region free player from Amazon... They don't seem to have them on sale locally around me-

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks