What's new

Corey Haim B-Movies... (1 Viewer)

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
Flipping through the channels last night, I ran across the E! Hollywood Story for Corey Haim. I then realized I have seen (and even liked!) many of the that Haim has been in (many of which are considered B-movies).
Some of my favorites include:
License to Drive
Dream a Little Dream
Fast Getaway
Fast Getaway II
What I am wondering is: am I the only (perhaps insane
crazy.gif
) person who would like to see these come to DVD?
-Mike
(Edited to fix wayward smiley.)
------------------
God Bless America--and all people who stand for freedom.
patriot.gif

[Edited last by MikeSerrano on October 18, 2001 at 10:37 AM]

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, you're insane.
smile.gif

Haim made three pretty decent movies: The Lost Boys, Lucas, and Silver Bullet. (Is SB on DVD? I should look for it.)
The rest are...(shudder). Seek help.
smile.gif

I actually watched that entire special last night, and it was pretty depressing. Haim could act, had good looks, and would've had steady employment on a soap or primetime show if he had kept his act together. Maybe it's because I just don't have an addictive personality, but it never ceases to amaze me how screwed up Hollywood types can become. If you have money, you can afford to do things to occupy your free time, like travel or collect movies.
smile.gif
Why do drugs?
Corey Feldman, on the other hand, is as worthless as worthless gets. He should be the one on skid row.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Nope, Silver Bullet isn't on DVD, but I believe it's on Paramount's list of titles to evaluate for a possible 2002 release.
I'd like to see Link Removed
Coincidentally -- Corey Haim and his on-screen sister Megan Follows from Silver Bullet guest-starred in different episodes of the Canadian television series Big Wolf On Campus, each as the 'villain of the week'. Haim played a vampiric version of himself in the episode "Blame It On The Haim". If you're bored, there are pictures and stuff at http://www.bigwolfoncampus.org/
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

CharlesD

Screenwriter
So what is the story on Haim? What is he doing now? Looking back I'd agree that he had some potential as an actor, but then agiann how many child/teen actors go on to have careers in acting as adults? few if any.
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
According to E!, Haim is living with his mom in California, and doesn't work. He barely has enough money to get by, and would probably be homeless if not for his mother. Like I said, a real depressing television experience.
Haim showed up for one interview on muscle relaxants, and couldn't even speak coherently. Later in the show, he appeared with Feldman and announced that he was getting help. This was taped last month. I honestly hope he cleans himself up.
As for not having a career...the odds are stacked against child actors, but usually that's due to the fact that they're strung out and not motivated to work. Plenty of kids grew up with their head on straight and went on to great things: Jodie Foster, Kurt Russell, Ron Howard, etc, etc.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Unfortunately, both Coreys said the same thing on Arsenio almost a decade ago. I think they were high during the interview.
I'd like to see Lucas and Silver Bullet on DVD. I doubt if I'd buy License to Drive, but I did like it at the time.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Blown Away is THE Haim/Feldman movie to get.
And that's only because of the gratuitous nudity/sex with Nicole Eggert!!!
drool.gif

------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I wouldn't mind seeing Secret Admirer which had Haim (he was really young) in that film as theiving brother.
Of course seeing Kelly Preston again isn't a bad thing either.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
When Private Parts came out, there was a big debut premeire party in NYC where Stern had all these Hollywood types coming by saying how much they enjoyed the flick.
Well at one point, C.Feldman stopped by and it was a big round table about how good the movie was (or how it didnt outright suck)...at which point, Feldman started telling Howard how and why he was a good actor.
Like he knew....what a crackpot !!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks